Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy personal url?

Options
  • 07-06-2011 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy my own domain name for personal promotion but I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest a way that's not too expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Blacknight.com have hosting packages starting at 50 per year and the domain registrations are as cheap as you will get in Ireland, If thats too much look at godaddy.com where you can get free hosting but it has ads too.

Fantastic support with blacknight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

Is it a .com or .ie domain you're looking to buy? All the registered hosting companies are listed on the IEDR website and since it's a very competitive marketplace, most of the domain and hosting vendors have offers on.
    • You'll get a .ie domain for around 17 euro or less if you should around and negotiate.
    • You'll get a .com domain for just over 5 euro for one years registration.
    • You'll easily get hosting for 36 euro or less.

Advertisement