Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Dun Laoghaire?

Options
  • 07-06-2011 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi, just considering moving to Maynooth for the summer-it's perfect apart from the distance to work-in Dun Laoghaire.. It's a nice place, with good people and the cheaper rent would more than pay for the extra money in bus/train tickets..

Both places are near the dart line and I know I could get two buses alternatively, just wondering how doable it is and if anyone is in any similar situations.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paul_501

Thanks for the lovely comments :D,

Yeah, I used to commute near Dun Laoghaire (Deans Grange), and I'd get up at 5:30am, get the bus at 06:20 (the 66) and then hopefully catch the 46a at around 07:05 am, so I'd be in work at 07:50.

So it would be similar, you'd be looking at 2 to 2.5 hrs commute time in the morning and 2 hours in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I used to get the train from Maynooth to Sydney Parade in the mornings

I believe the train was at 06:15 and jump off at Connelly then the Dart to Sydney Parade so a couple of stops later would get you to Dun Laoghaire for around 8am

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would definitely get the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There are trains that run from Maynooth to Bray in the mornings and the other way in the evening. Even if the times don't suit train to Connolly and then DART to Dun Laoghaire is the best way to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

Thanks for the replies guys-much appreciated. Yeah I'd get the train, the bus might be a tiny bit faster, but the train's much more reliable.

Is it not soul destroying commuting like that? I've never really commuted in anyway a long distance. Was planning on hitting up the library once a week and getting reading materials for the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Paul_501

Music and reading is essential.

I went through a 300 page book easily in 5 days.

Advertisement