Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting again

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Wk4 Q1 Session
    1 mile warm up, 4 (x 400 + 100m walk, 300 jog rec), 800m jog, 4 x (400m + 100m walk 300 jog rec) + 1k warm down

Found this session a bit hard last night, not sure it was just the body or the weather, it wasn't hard as in doing it, but couldn't get the body to push on, never felt like i couldn't do the session. Also could of also had something to do with the beer on sat.

1st Session 94, 95, 100, 96
    2nd Session 97, 96, 97, 96

Legs felt good and calf seems to be ok, think i up the mileage too quickly so working on that now. No long run this weekend as going home with the kids and family so won't get a chance.

Wk 4 Q2 Session 20 mins Tempo, 5 min break, 20 mins tempo

It was our coach last session before he leaves, so i went to the club for this one.
    This is a tough enough session as first 20 mins are up hill. Went off too fast and paid for it the second ten. For the second 20 i started slower but still paid for in the end, legs got very tired in last 3 mins!

20 mins out 7:36 (First mile was 7:06)
    20 mins back 7:46

Tough session but will stand to me, will try this session once a month to see any progress.

Wk5 Q1 Session

Session was 5 x (200mR, 200m rec, 200m, 400m rec, 400mR, 200m Rec)

1 mile warm up and .75 miles warm down
    Times were:
    45, 46, 94
    46, 46, 93
    47, 46, 94
    47, 46, 94
    45, 47, 95

A good session, times consistent.

WK5 Long Run 15k

This run went well this morning, time was 1:22:07, pace 5:28, nice, easy and relax run.
    Could of done another 5-6 k easily but work was waiting for me:mad:

Wk5 Easy Run

Easy 10k around Lucan Village. Nice evening for a run, time 54:10, pace 5:26. All very comfortable.

Aim was to do the parkrun 5k on sat morning for my Q3 session, but the weather could cause problems, will wait and see.

• Advertisement

Wk6 Q1 Session 3 x1 mile 4 x 200m

Didnt run the park run on sat because the weather was crap and I am a wimp!! (Gotten sick everytime I ran in the rain lately, so becoming a wimn)

The 1 mile times were 6:48, 6:53, 7:00

7:00 min was the best one really, more in control of it and relaxed.

200m times were 42, 44, 44, 38

Went all out for the last one :)

Wk6 Q2 Session Long Easy Run 15k

Nice run this morning, enjoyed it also. 15k in 1:22:30, pace 5:30

Wk6 Q3 Session 10 x (400m, 400m rec)

Things didnt go to plan last week, got delayed alot in work and the wife got delayed in work on Thursday so missed the run. Plan was to run on sat morning but wife was sick so I had two kids to look after. Managed to get out at 8pm on sat night and decided to do 10 x 400m even though i was wrecked.

Thought hard where to do this, then it came to me, i am beside the park, so did the session in Griffeen park.

1k warm up

The 400's were on a loop basis in the park, so some were on flat ground and others up hill a good bit, so times will be inconsistent.

95, 105, 96, 101, 97, 100, 95, 101, 97, 102

1k warm down also.

Good session considering everything. Cant seem to get a routine going at all at the moment.

Wk7 4 x 1,200 with 3mins rec.

Did this run in Griffeen park, nice to do these runs on a small hill and downhill, mix it up.

1k warm up.

4 x 1,200 times were : 5:11, 5:01, 5:00, 4:59.

1k warm down.

A good session and I find these more comfortable than 400m's somehow

Wk7 Long Run 15k

Nice run in this morning, 15k in 1:20:44.

• Advertisement

Session was 4 x 1m with 2 min rest

Did the session in Griffeen park again.

Did 1k warm up.

First rep was 6:48
    Second Rep 6:53
    Third Rep 6:50
    Fourth rep 6:57

1k warm down

Happy with the session.

Wk 7 11k Run

Was out for food and beer on Friday night, so decided to run from home to the inlaws on sat morning to collect the car. The run was into a head wind for first 6k.

A nice run and time was around 58:55

Wk8 Q1 Session 5x 1k with 400m rec

Was late getting out for this session as wife got delayed getting home.

Did 1k warm up in the park, very windy out and a bit cold!!!

Splits were 4:12, 4:20, 4:07, 4:09, 4:12

1k warm down

Found the session tough and hard to get going, probably just after the weekend etc. Legs tired today. 15k tomorrow to work

Wk 8 Long Run, 15k to work

Usual run to work, starting to see the time dropping down in the last few weeks.

15k in 1:20:16, Pace 5:21

Wk8 Q2 Session 1k easy, 3M @tempo, 1k warm down and 4 x 200

Had last Thursday and Friday off, so was looking after the kids, had dinner with them on Thursday and when the wife came home, I headed out for the session

Did warm up grand. For the tempo i settled into a nice 7:10 pace, after about 1k i could feel the food moving around the stomach, there was trouble ahead, When i got to 3k mark, i had to stop, got a small bit sick and off i went again. Did the 3 miles in 21:10, nice hill in this tempo also.

I stopped the session after the tempo as the food wasnt settling in. So a lasagne two hours before a session is not enough for me:eek:

Didnt run at the weekend as had other stuff on, but the time from tempo says a 21:xx is on the cards for the Grant Thornton 5k next week, which is the time i was aiming for.

Wk 9 Q1 Session

Session was 1k warm up, 6 x (3mins hard, 2 mins easy), 1k warm down

Did this in the rain and against the wind last night, a tough session but good.
    No times for it really, just a good effort

Wk9 15 k to Work

Didnt get much sleep last night and when I did wake up i wasnt in form for this. But stuck to my guns and off i went. Body wasn't up for this and had the wind in my face for the full run. Just ran at a comfortable pace and not worried about time. Time was 1:22:14, pace 5:29

Wk9 Q2 Session 5 x 1 mile reps, 2 min break

Did this in Griffeen park and the wind was right in your face on the incline part!!

Body felt tired starting the 1k warm up and in my head was I do as much as I can, once the splits dont go over 7min.
    Thought i would only do three reps, but did all 5!!

Times were 6:53, 6:56, 6:53, 6:53, 6:57

1 k warm down

Easy session today, 7k around the city in 36:10.

Grant Thornton 5k
    Company entered a few teams into this, so I decided this would be my first road race since the injury and since i started the JD plan.

Target time was 21:xx. Lovely evening for this and was really looking forward to it.

Started off grand, a bit packed so the usual in and out about but after 500m got into the rythm of things and started to enjoy it. The first 3 k flew by and i got stitch around then, but was grand, was averaging 4:16 a km. When i hit the last k the stich went and the legs felt very light so i pushed on from about 600m out, nearly got took out at the second last corner as some one ran wide into me. Finished in 21:02. So happy with this and an improvement on my parkrun 5k in June of 23:12.

As a coporate race, it had a really club feeling to it, the spread of food afterwards was great, the organisation was great, as was the atmosphere. Would recommend this race highly.

Rathfarhan 5k is the next race target as I hope to build on things.

• Advertisement

15k run to work

Due to various reasons, my runs didnt happen last week.

Decided now was the time to return to the club as have the base well established now. Club will bring me on more, as will be training in a group scenario.

15k to work, 1:17:59. Lovely morning for it, if not a bit cool at the start.

Club Session last night

First session back with the club and it was going to be interesting.
    4k warm up and then the stretches and drills(how i missed these, not!)

Session was 12x200m with 50m walk and 150 recovery jog.

The times for these 200's were between 40-41 secs, nice and consistent and also 5-7 seconds faster than when i did these on my own a few weeks ago, a club environment makes a massive difference. Lasted the session comfortably and enjoyed it loads

2k warm down.

40 min tempo tonight, first big tempo in awhile. 8.57k in 7:31 per mile pace.

Good session and well paced.

7k recovery at lunchtime today, no watch.

Plans are a bit all over the place this week, family is sick, daughters birthday on Wednesday so need to get things organised for that within her play school and presents, cook all the dinners, and wedding on Friday, so running firmly down the list sadly, but hopefully get three quality sessions in.

Today did a morning run from the in laws after dropping the kids off there. Thought it be a nice long run but sadly it was only 9.4k in distance, time 48:40, pace 5:10.

Pace for morning runs coming down quickly, just need to work on tempo and track work for next few months.

Picked up the bug during last week so only back running today.

7k in 34:37. I am down for Rathfarmhan 5k but still not sure if i do it or not.

Advertisement