Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auctioneers

• 07-06-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Dealing with an Auctioneer at the moment for a transaction.
    Put an offer to him over a month ago and he has not contacted me since.

What do people think of this, i think this is the height of ignorance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

adne wrote: »
    Dealing with an Auctioneer at the moment for a transaction.
    Put an offer to him over a month ago and he has not contacted me since.

What do people think of this, i think this is the height of ignorance

Downright ignorance.
    But on the other side, you may be the highest bidder and he may have had no need to contact you. I'd call him to find out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

reilig wrote: »
    Downright ignorance.
    But on the other side, you may be the highest bidder and he may have had no need to contact you. I'd call him to find out!!

Im insulted by the ignorance and attitude of this Guy.
    I don't see the point in contacting him as he is just going to spin me a yarn that he has another offer on table, if he gets another offer i'd say it will not take him long to contact me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Im insulted by the ignorance and attitude of this Guy.
    I don't see the point in contacting him as he is just going to spin me a yarn that he has another offer on table, if he gets another offer i'd say it will not take him long to contact me!!
    If this is sold without him coming back to you i would make it my buisness to find the vendor and tell him about your bid and that he didnt have to courtesy to agnowledge your bid and just make sure your bid was not the highest anyway,a lot of these guys are in trouble when they decided to play the markets themselves and i would not trust them as far as i could throw them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

tipptom wrote: »
    If this is sold without him coming back to you i would make it my buisness to find the vendor and tell him about your bid and that he didnt have to courtesy to agnowledge your bid and just make sure your bid was not the highest anyway,a lot of these guys are in trouble when they decided to play the markets themselves and i would not trust them as far as i could throw them.

I will definitely be following it up if it sells without my knowledge.
    I would not believe the lords prayer from this Guys mouth... I have tabled an acceptable offer based on market value but it may be not in the region this guys expects but either way i feel he should revert to me with feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I will definitely be following it up if it sells without my knowledge.
    I would not believe the lords prayer from this Guys mouth... I have tabled an acceptable offer based on market value but it may be not in the region this guys expects but either way i feel he should revert to me with feedback
    Anyone in the buying market today should be treated like royalty,its not like he is being overun by cash buyers at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Get a friend to ring him, enquiring about the land. Get him to ask what the story is with it, highest bid etc. Two can play the bluffing game.;)

Advertisement