Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Letter

• 07-06-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Just received a letter from upc this morning to say there going to be doing work in the Dunmore road area tomorrow 8th of June to improve TV services, and to pave the way for remote record and other future plans.

Probably going to be an outage and it said it will take approx 20 mins to reset up any Digital Boxes you have afterwards as regards any recordings you have for after the 8th

Just a heads up

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Got that letter myself this morning. So it's going to be down by the quays too when it happens.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Shame about the short notice.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i got it too, Rockshire Road area of Ferrybank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Got it myself, Johns hill area. Looks like most of the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

so anyone been knocked off yet, still have TV and BB here anyways

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

My TV UPC is gone here on the Dunmore Road since I got up at half 9 anyway, as long as its back in time for Midsomer Murders later I won't mind :)

Mine was gone before I left the house this morning anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I did notice 2 days ago that my box was back to the setup screen, i had to re enter the activation code for Waterford and re scan for channels.. wonder was it anything to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Its probably the start of the work to upgrade the broadband speeds to 50mb and 100mb which is going to be released in Waterford in early january

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21 PonyLuv

Hey,
    I got that letter too, followed the instructions but now "Guide" wont come up? I can watch the channels by going manually through them and also watch stuff I've recorded. Really dreading ringing UPC!

Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

PonyLuv wrote: »
    Hey,
    I got that letter too, followed the instructions but now "Guide" wont come up? I can watch the channels by going manually through them and also watch stuff I've recorded. Really dreading ringing UPC!

Anyone else have this problem?

Just discovered this problem too, guide is empty, did you get it sorted by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

Not quite on the digital TV side of things but the latest bill had a note that the upload bandwidth was being changed from 1.5Mb/s to 2.0Mb/s on the 20Mb package.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Slightly off topic but has anyone else had connection trouble with their broadband over the past few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Our's has been fine!

I power cycled mine there a few days ago and it wouldn't come back on for some reason, so I did it again went to the router page and restarted it there and it's worked since.

Advertisement