Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School Ethos

• 07-06-2011 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

How do primary teachers contribute to the ethos of the school?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

how do you mean this ? Is in relation to the setting up of an ethos for a new school or how do teachers go about reinforcing the existing ethos.

A common enough ethos is "be the best you can be". Teachers could easily reinforce this by encouraging kids in everything from accademic learning through to PE, art, music, tidying up, playing. Gentle pushing to ensure the kids always try their hardest - nothing sloppy just cos its "rough work", tidy up their rubbish ..... including the crumbs, taking care of their books and belongings, doing things properly not just in a slapdash way, that kind of thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

sounds like someone is having/hoping to have an interview!!
    From educationposts.ie
    " Get a statement of a Catholic ethos and focus on the main points. Talk about saying prayers during the day, integrate with curriculum - sese and sphe, use in Art and \music, talk about inclusion, understanding and a holistic approach to developing the child... religion saturating the school day, visual and an integral part of the class routine.."

"I always throw in that I would lead by example, showing forgiveness and understanding etc."

"I feel I have both the personal and professional characteristics to enable pupils to receive a sound religious and moral education within the established Catholic ethos of the school. I would like to promote an environment of mutual respect and consideration that will enable pupils to develop both academically and socially. I feel that I would co-operate well with teachers, parents and pupils to achieve these goals. I believe in child-centred education system where the needs of each individual child are identified and catered for."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 amc10

Yes applying for a job and have to state how I would contribute to this. Cant seem to find them on the school websites but I presume a general statement such as what you have given will suffice. Thanks for the reply! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Best of luck!

Advertisement