Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Thompson Router - Problem

• 07-06-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I have an ongoing problem. A few months back I had to unplug my Thompson Router from the mains to decorate a room. When I plugged it back in some hours later the router failed to regain a connection with the first light flashing. After hours of trying to get it to work I rang digiweb for a home call.

The technician (nice guy) just dabbed in a new Frequency Number and Channel into 'Initial settings' and hey presto, sold connection at 2dBs! Now, it's happened again, moved room around, unplugged router for say 15 mins, no connection, first light blinking. Anyone give me a leg up and get this going again? Maybe someone the the Portlaoise area can give me their Frequency and Channel numbers off their router? Or am I not understanding how this works?. Digiweb are sending someone again but I could do with it now tbh for work emails.

Thanks!

RF Parameters
    Downstream
    Frequency Power -3 dBmV
    Signal to Noise Ratio 23 dB Modulation QAM64
    Upstream
    Frequency Power 59 dBmV
    Upstream Data Rate 0 Ksym/sec Modulation QPSK

Status
    System uptime 0 days 00h:12m:19s
    Computers detected 1
    CM Status Not Synchronized
    WAN Isolation OFF
    Time and Date --- --- -- --:--:-- ----

Interface Parameters
    Interface Name :
    Provisioned Enabled State
    Speed 10 Mbps MAC address 00-10-95-ff-ff-fe

System
    HW Revision 4.0 VENDOR Thomson
    BOOT Revision 2.1.6.m SW Revision ST67.00.35
    MODEL THG520 Software Version ST67.00.35
    Serial Number 008205?????125

MTA Hardware Information
    Mta Serial Number 00820?????0125

Software Build and Revisions
    Firmware Name THG520-67.00.35-060124-S-021.bin
    Firmware Build Time 20:54:38 Jan 24 2006

Event Log - DOCSIS

DOCSIS PacketCable NCS Audit
    Date/Time Event ID Event Level Description
    01/01/1970 12.53 82000300 03 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request Retries exhausted
    01/01/1970 12.53 82000200 03 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
    01/01/1970 12.52 82000300 03 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request Retries exhausted
    01/01/1970 12.52 82000200 03 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
    01/01/1970 12.50 82000300 03 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request Retries exhausted
    01/01/1970 12.50 82000200 03 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
    01/01/1970 12.41 82000300 03 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request Retries exhausted
    01/01/1970 12.41 82000200 03 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

CM State Not Synchronized
    Docsis-Downstream Scanning In Progress
    Docsis-Ranging In Progress
    Docsis-DHCP In Progress
    Docsis-TFTP In Progress
    Docsis-Data Reg Complete In Progress
    Telephony-DHCP ---
    Telephony-Security ---
    Telephony-TFTP ---
    Telephony-Reg with Call Server ---
    Telephony-Reg Complete ---

Initial DS frequency: ?
    Upstream Channel ID: ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ravon1981

did u ever get this sorted as I am having the same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

Yes. The receiver on the roof of the house failed. They sent me a few mains adapter replacements to no avail. Eventually came round after me calling complaining about disconnection issues. It eventually failed altogether. They replaced the receiver and then everything was fine again. They were pretty quick about it. I'd say if you call them Monday morning you will have a new mains adapter by Tuesday and if it still not works after that then by the end of the week you should have seen an engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ravon1981

jesus it only got installed 2 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

mmm, I doubt your receiver came out of a new box. Good Luck with it. Other than that it is a pretty solid service. I moved on from them about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

I am with Digiweb as well and on Friday booted the modem and was only getting the one flashing light. I will get the splitter in the post in the morning but it's odds on the power on the mast has gone. In fairness to support this time they put the service call in straight away on the two previous occasions I had to ring back again.

I am in Sligo and going on experience it will be close to two weeks before I first put the call into support that I get a technician up on the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

I am with Digiweb as well and on Friday booted the modem and was only getting the one flashing light. I will get the splitter in the post in the morning but it's odds on the power on the mast has gone. In fairness to support this time they put the service call in straight away on the two previous occasions I had to ring back again.

I am in Sligo and going on experience it will be close to two weeks before I first put the call into support that I get a technician up on the roof.

Advertisement