Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL history

• 07-06-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

im going to do ol history on the day im absolutley crap at higher and fooled myself into thinking i can do it :o could people doing ordinary please tell me what they are studying etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

It's very hard to fail higher level history but if you think you're not able for it, learn your case studies, as far as i can remember you're given a good few sources and you answer them. Just read the documents and answer the questions. Then you're asked to write a paragraph or two on an episode of history (irish civil war, war of independence etc) If you have been learning at honours level you should be fine because you'll probably have more than enough to answer the question, good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

I do OL.. Its very handy.. Its laid out as follows:

Question A (30)
    -Document with 5 questions!
    (No study is required)

Question B (30)
    -This is the hardest because they ask you anything but you only have to write a paragraph.. its usually on key figures etc etc

Question C (40)
    -This question requires around an A4 page or in or around that! Its on the case studies.

Pursuit of Sovereignty and Impact of partition
    Question B
    -Countess Markievicz
    -Arthur Griffith
    -Michael collins
    -Evie Hone
    -James Craig
    (You need to know a bit more than this but key figures come up every year and dis is what I learned.. they might ask you about the rise of Sinn Fein or something got to do with the war of independance.. but you don't need to write much)

Question C
    -Belfast during WWII
    -The eucharistic congress
    -The treaty negotiations
    (Know these and you'l be fine)

Dictatorship and Democracy

Question B
    -Joseph Goebbels
    -Leni Rifenstahl
    -Stalin
    -Lenin
    -Churchill
    -Mussolini
    -Anti-Semitism/Holocaust
    -Churchstate Relations (Hitler/Mussolini)
    (Again.. you only need to know a paragraph on these.. if you have any understanding you be grand!..)

Question C
    -The Nuremberg Rallies with Leni Reifenstahl
    -The show trials
    -The Jarrow March

The United States and the Wider World

Question B
    -Harry Truman
    -Lyndon Johnson
    -Joe McCarthy
    -Cuban Missile Crisis
    -Martin L king
    -Betty Friedan
    -Marilyn Monroe
    -Muhammad Ali
    -Bing Crosby
    -Charlie Chaplin
    -Role of Women
    -Civil rights movement

Question C
    - Lyndon Johnson and Vietnam
    - The Montgomery Bus Boycott
    - The Moon Landing

The documents questions are ridiculously easy.. just know what subjective and objective is. (Biased and unbiased) I know it seems like a lot but you just need to know a brief amount on each 1.. Best of Luck.. ;)

Advertisement