Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bike to Donegal

Options
  • 07-06-2011 12:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, can anyone tell me if any of the busses to Donegal will let you bring a bike on the bus? Will be heading up towards Dungloe/Kincasslagh, and would love to bring my bike with me. If i could get to Letterkenny, that would be fine as well, as i could get a lift from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Try John McGinley Coaches, they have a daily service from Dublin to Donegal.. they leave from Parnell Square, Dublin. They have a late bus on a Sunday and I have been the only passenger on board, so Im sure if they had the space, they would have room for your bike.. you could always give them a call

074 91 35201

http://www.johnmcginley.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I've bought my bike on McGinelys with no problems. Bus Eireann its up to the driver, if space available once everyone else have their bags on, and then at a charge.

Bring a lock as well and secure it to some thing in the hold if you can.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thanks for the info folks. Sent and email to McGinely's and they said it shouldnt be a problem, especially if i get an earlier bus. Looking forward to cycling around Dungloe and Kincasslagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

John McGinley would be your best bet, but do it during the week and maybe in the morning if you can, less people and therefore less luggage.

They shouldn't have an issue if it fits. www.johnmcginley.com is the site i think

• Advertisement
Advertisement