Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation - council cottage

• 07-06-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am thinking of buying a house but I have a problem with the heating in one part of it, which used to be a council cottage. Seemingly the walls have already been pumped with insulation but I do not know the details. i can feel the difference in temperature when I walk from the extension into the older part. The current owners have also mounted electric heaters on the wall, which are not practical as they are too expensive. I am not sure if dry walling is an option as the rooms are not big and I think external insulation may be out as the whole house is pebble dashed and this may look strange. Really need some advice on if there is anything I could do, possibly to the attic or heating system that would make a difference? i love everything else about the house.

Thank you!

Advertisement