Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rejection for a position on a course..

Options
  • 07-06-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'll leave the course and names out of it for the moment.
    Recived a letter today from UL that I was rejected for a course that I was intrested and hoping to get on as a mature student.
    After making some enquiries as to my interview from Admin,I found the reasons for the rejection almost trivival...Being in the fact that I am working in a field that is almost on par with the one being taught for the last 15 years,and I want to upgrade and upskill in these times,not to mind both subjects have an interchange of methods and means.
    It is bizarre that I was rejected on saying I have no experiance in the courses field...Now,dont get me wrong,if there were people coming in with seriously better qualifications..Fair enough.
    But I would like to know is there any mechanism or review body you can appeal a decision to in UL?:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

go into the mature administration department and get info on appeals from them? sounds like a mistake to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It would be common that if you have experiential knowledge you could be rejected on the basis that there is very little you will gain from the course.

That's the only reason I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Thks ,
    Not gain anything from the course??A degree perhaps would be nice??:D;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Weeshie

Just throwing in my bit - in general, competition for third level mature places is very stiff, particularly in recent times. It may be a case that, like you say, there were other applicants more suited and the places were filled. Hence the trivial reasons. If you didn't make the cut because of the calibre of others, they just need to "find" reasons I'd say. Good luck with your appeal.

Advertisement