Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cultural context

• 07-06-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

the three texts am doing are lies of silence,the kite runner and film billy elliot
    i have started by talking about role of women and have two solid paragraphs on them.....need two more topics to include?

also are quotes necessary because i find them impossible :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

ak4 wrote: »
    the three texts am doing are lies of silence,the kite runner and film billy elliot
    i have started by talking about role of women and have two solid paragraphs on them.....need two more topics to include?

also are quotes necessary because i find them impossible :/

Reference to key scenes is more important than quotation.

Try violence/conflict, the role of religion, the role of money (poverty/wealth), or political background. Gender roles might be a bit broader than the role of women, especially in Billy Eliot.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

deemark wrote: »
    Reference to key scenes is more important than quotation.

Try violence/conflict, the role of religion, the role of money (poverty/wealth), or political background. Gender roles might be a bit broader than the role of women, especially in Billy Eliot.

i twisted billy elliot to suit role of women thanks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

also was wondering about a opening paragraph, do i just introduce the 3 texts and then tell wat topics i will talk about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

ak4 wrote: »
    also was wondering about a opening paragraph, do i just introduce the 3 texts and then tell wat topics i will talk about

Yup.. Open by saying the three texts I have studied are... the cultural context of a text affects the... (whatever the question is) and then just say what aspects of cultural context you are going to discuss.. ;)

Advertisement