Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to ordinary, during the exam?

• 07-06-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I was told, by my biology teacher that on the day, we're allowed to look over the higher paper and then hand it back and ask for ordinary. Is this true with all of the subjects? Can I do this? I don't really trust whatever she has to say though, because she's a s**t teacher and hasn't a clue.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No that's definitely not true. You can ask for HL or OL before the exam, but once you open the paper, that's it - you are doing that paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moviequoter

Oh no way! Imagine I had taken her advice and taken the higher paper and then failed it?! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

It's in the little rule book we were all given. Candidates can only view the subject at one level, or something along those lines. I think it's a stupid rule, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

You have do the paper you get first. Otherwise there would be looooads of people having a look at the higher level paper and then switching down. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

_meehan_ wrote: »
    It's in the little rule book we were all given. Candidates can only view the subject at one level, or something along those lines. I think it's a stupid rule, tbh.

What little rule book? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

advice needed fast . failed h ec. in mocks, panicking now. is pass very different if the change of level is to be taken tomoro?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

advice needed fast . failed h ec. in mocks, panicking now. is pass very different if the change of level is to be taken tomoro?

I'd be more worried about English...

Have a look at examinations.ie, they have the pass and higher level exam papers.

http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2010/LC098GLP000EV.pdf

Looks easy enough and I don't do Biology or Home Ec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Thank you , link much appreciated.

Advertisement