Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Subject Do You Think You'll Do Best In?

• 07-06-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

The Leaving Cert starts tomorrow! Which subject do you think you will do best in/ which are you most confident about?

Which subject do you think you'll do best in, in the Leaving Cert? 155 votes

Irish
    0% 0 votes
    English
    3% 5 votes
    Maths
    10% 16 votes
    Geography
    10% 17 votes
    History
    9% 14 votes
    Business
    3% 5 votes
    Biology
    7% 12 votes
    Chemistry
    14% 22 votes
    Physics
    5% 8 votes
    German
    5% 8 votes
    Spanish
    3% 5 votes
    Japanese
    0% 0 votes
    Religion
    1% 2 votes
    DCG
    1% 2 votes
    Art
    1% 3 votes
    Music
    1% 2 votes
    Classical Studies
    2% 4 votes
    Construction Studies
    0% 0 votes
    Engineering
    1% 3 votes
    Home Economics
    1% 2 votes
    Ag Science
    1% 2 votes
    Economics
    1% 3 votes
    Accounting
    5% 9 votes
    Other Foreign Language
    2% 4 votes
    Other Subject (comment)
    4% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Music! I've a week to study it after Biology is done, and my practical went swimmingly!!:):P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Definitely English. It's the only subject I'm not terrified about... well, that and OL Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CokeyBear

Geography, Chemistry and Ag Science. Looking for A's in all of them and pretty confident about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moviequoter

Art and English... then I'll have nearly a week to study for Classical studies, so hopefully that'll go down well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Music for the same reasons as _Meehan_ and Engineering. I love the Engineering paper because I actually know most of the answers. Makes it so much better when you dont need an opinion like English or Irish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

geography...got 80% in mocks with little to no study and project is always a easy 20% already....also economics because it actually interests me, and have 6 days off before it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

I'm fairly confident going in to economics , geography, business , accounting & music.
    Anyone know if ya get like sum prize for writing the best english story or ,something like the highest mark in the country in one of your subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Accounting because it's by far the easiest subject I do.

Hopefully French, History, English and Irish won't be too far behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

English and Music. DCG too if the paper isn't too out-of-the-box.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Definitely English. Hopefully the rest won't be too far behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hopefully A1s in History and Business

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

Im going into 6th year but I'd say my best subjects would be Maths, Applied maths, Physics and Geography :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    I'm fairly confident going in to economics , geography, business , accounting & music.
    Anyone know if ya get like sum prize for writing the best english story or ,something like the highest mark in the country in one of your subjects?

Cocky much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Digits wrote: »
    Cocky much?

Insanely , I do prefer obnoxious though ;)
    Still it's a serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

Eh my friend said he got some medal for achieving 100% in Business in the the Junior Cert so I'd presume so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I have a friend who got an award for having the best Business exam in JC so I suppose there's something for the LC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Only if you get 100% as far as I know. Definitely not for best story. If it's that good, then they'll use it at conferences as an example of a great story. After you write the story they have all rights over it so.

Some schools give you prizes if you get over 500 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

It was maths....... But now it's accounting! Just hoping they don't mess that up to!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kt.alice

Definitely German. Passed the fluency exam this year, so if I don't get an A1 in this I will freak the feck out! Haha! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ClaireMarie

Hopefully biology.. I've learned my stuff, and that's the beauty of biology - if you work hard it always pays off! For me anyway!
    Also chemistry is one I'm depending on for the A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

the awkward moment when you pick maths as the subject you are most likely to do best in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

Definitely Biology and English..Biology was my best subject in the LC last yr.. I'm a repeat..got a B2 in Higher.... It's the one I'm most confident about:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Biology and Accountancy.
    Got an A1 in my Biology mock, and a B1 in my last Accountancy mock. Despite failing a full question :p
    In the 4 questions I got an A1, A1, E, A1 :D
    Plus I have four days to study beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

* scratches maths off his top 6 results.. *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Biology, Chemistry and Ag. Science.
    I'd love to say Japanese too, but I ****ed up my oral so badly I'd be lucky to get a B2. I can get an A in the exam, and about 80% of the aural, but that oral exam was really bad. :\

And i'm set for doing pretty well and pass maths, but I don't think that counts :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Everyone doin' Biology seems to be fairly confident about it. I hope we get a nice paper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

Maths - passs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

It was maths... until Friday. Maybe Irish or art.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Music! I've a week to study it after Biology is done, and my practical went swimmingly!!:):P

. . .jmind me asking what instrument/practical type youu did. . . .seemed to go much better in my school for people who did half-technology, and for people who played instruments as opposed to singing. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

It eh, was, Maths. Now I reckon English, or maybe Biology seeing as it was my best Mock even though it got the least study. I think of it as a forgiving exam :P

Advertisement