Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query about Camera usage at Take That Croke Park?

• 07-06-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Alright so I'm going next sunday (19th June).

I have been anticipating this show for a long time and since I know it will more than likely be the best gig I ever attended I'm hoping to make an effort to remember it in all its glory, with as many pics and videos as possible.

I have a Kodak camera with a 4GB memory card and was wondering how much I would be able to get from the gig using this camera.

I'm hoping to take 30 pictures at least from the show.

I also want to record 4 videos at least, assuming each video is 4 mins in length.

Would this be doable, or would I be overly-optimistic about recording this much for a maximum?

50 pictures and 6 videos?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

This is more of a photography question rather than a Gig question, but yes, you should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭sabrewulf

Hey there,

I don't know how much space your specific camera model consumes by filming (check the manual). But here's my attempt, comparing it with my Lumix ZS-7:
    Battery Life: good for 60 minutes filming (heavy use of zoom) or 90 minutes (low/no use of zoom)
    Storage use: 1 hour needs (a little less than) 8GB, 1 picture about 5MB

If yours shows different behavior, you will not have any issues with the battery life, and will be able to take 30 pictures in the highest resolution and film for about 30 minutes.

sabrewulf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

all depends on your camera battery life and capacity.

if your camera can survive doing all that ... you will get the full capacity of your memory card, bear in mind your position will more than likely be the same for all the videos and still images.

meaning your pics will all look the same (depending on how close you actually get in the first place)

do you know how far back you will be from the stage ? if you are sitting in the upper tiers you will more than likely only get a stage shot (meaning you may not be able to clearly see who is who from the image)

the hardest part for you will be keeping your camera still while doing video and also while trying to get still images (depending on the available light - it should still be bright)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Don't try too hard either;In my experience, sometimes there comes a point where you realise you're watching the whole gig through a viewfinder, which isn't much fun. Eventually you have to say feck this, I came to watch a band

Advertisement