Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing router, host name MAC address required? [UPC]

• 07-06-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Hello. I just received a new wireless N router to replace the netgear WGR614.

I'm just wondering where I'd find the host name, and mac address, which this new router is asking for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi Dude...

I'm far from the best person about these things....But I think you'd need to connect up your old Router,and access the router settings for the Mac address.

You can then use your computer,via Network Settings to get your IP and other Details.

Hope this helps.......But,,no doubt you'll have someone else along soon anyway to talk you through it better.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Yeah, I was on to customer support, they told me I shouldn't need any of those details. starting to think it's a windows issue now, like it's got confused when I changed form the netgear to this canyon model.

Well,,,We only bought a new Router about 2 months ago now,and I thought it would also be "plug-and-play".

Sadly it wasn't,,and I had to Re-connect up the old one,and get the settings,write them down,,and then connect up the new Router,and input the settings Myself.

Might be worth a go if your confident enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

It's working now anyway after a few restarts and reboots. :)

Excellent...

Enjoy!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement