Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 570 with reference stock cooler

Options
  • 07-06-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    If you were shopping for a GTX 570 with the reference stock cooler (with stock clocks) which brand would you go for?

-EVGA
    -ZOTAC
    -PNY
    -Palit

Theoratically speaking they should all perform the same though I've heard some unencouraging feedback regarding PNY (though the PNY card seems to be coming up consistently cheaper... coincidence?) and Palit cards.

Don't know much about the ZOTAC brand and EVGA is suppose to have good after sales support in particular warranties.

In case your wondering I want the reference stock cooler as I want the card to exhaust externally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

PNY and Palit I'd group together in the same low-but-acceptable brand range. One of my 580s was PNY, and it performed quite nicely... before I fried it :P Wasn't exactly the card's fault, but at 1065 core... well... that was asking a lot of any card.

EVGA are the only company that you don't have to lie to when they ask if you've removed or replaced the stock cooler, which I find nice. You usually pay extra for that though; EVGA cards tend to run a bit more expensive than others because their warranty is viewed as being better.

At the moment, I've got a couple of Zotac 580s in my system, and they're great. I've heard that their RMA department is quite laid-back, so you can get away with a lot that's not typically covered under warranty.

Overall what you're actually paying for is the warranty and service; all the cards are fabbed in the same factory. ;)

Advertisement