Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV - cannot see entire picture

• 07-06-2011 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I recently switched from the regular UPC 17 channels to the cheaper digital with film4 and all the rest of it... but now the picture is less on my TV. It's a philips 26", have tried everything to sort it out.

Was hoping maybe a boards techie might suggest something I'd overlooked.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi 30kmph

my name is Ash and i'm from The Philips Shop - just to get get that out of the way:)

I'm I correct in say you have gone from UPC analogue to one of their digital boxes/packs?

Does the TV constantly contract/expand the image to try and fill the screen?

If so i'd say when they have set up the digi box they didn't change it from its default of 4:3 setting to 16:9 in its TV Format options.

you'll need to go into the digi box setup menu and look for something along the lines of TV FORMAT or RATIO and you should have 3 optiuons 4:3, 4:3 letterbox and 16:9 - select 16:9 and that should do the trick.

I have had them install a couple of digi boxes for me over the years and despite them plugging into widescreen TV's they have NEVER changed the box to the correct setting:mad:

If this doesnt work give me a shout on 01 474 0788 or pm me and i'll see what I can do for you.

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭30kmph

Thanks Ash, I'll give that a try when I get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

cool, no worries
    let me know how you get on
    Hopefully it's as simple as that little change on your UPC box

atb
    Ash

Advertisement