Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler-Proof PJs

• 07-06-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Over the last couple of months our 21-month old has started taking off any of her pjs (it's a great game for her). Anyone have any toddler-proof pj ideas?

We wouldn't really worry about this but she's taken to waking up in the middle of the night & screaming the house down b/c she's kicked the blankets off again (another great game). As soon as we pull the blankets up on her again she's out like a light, but it's really wrecking our sleep.

She can get out of trousers, shirts, onesies, vests and the sleep sacks. Anything with a zipper, straps or snaps is useless. She's all dressed & tucked in when we put her in the cot, but spends the time until she falls asleep pulling it all off (and giggling the whole time) :rolleyes:

Any ideas? We're going to have to whip out the duct tape if she heads for her nappy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Could you put her onesie on backwards? So that the snappers/zip is on her back and she can't reach it to open it? Could work :)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Could you put her onesie on backwards? So that the snappers/zip is on her back and she can't reach it to open it? Could work :)

This really works. Old trick in my family. As long as its got extra length in the toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

oh i don't know if that would work, but it sure may be worth it just for the laugh! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Ayla wrote: »
    oh i don't know if that would work, but it sure may be worth it just for the laugh! :D:D

LOLed when I saw this thread. My mam used to do this with my wee brother. He was also a bit of an escape artist from the cot, climbing on the bars and bouncing onto the bed beside it, so she put the mattress of the cot on the ground and turned the cot upside down.

The poor child was asleep on the ground, onesie on backwards and the four legs of the cot in the air - twas like something you'd see in an old film about an asylum!!!

oh, that's great! the things we have to do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Oh you have to laugh! (sorry that is no help to you, but you made a few people smile and one day will laugh about it yourself!)

deemark I am giggling still about your brother. I hope that someone took a photo!

Ayla, don't know if any good an idea for your little houdini, but our little one has close fitting pyjamas which are too much of a struggle with; the bottoms are more like snug leggings and the top more like a thermal vest type, got as a present (from Penneys).She tried to get out of them and gave up!We also had a sleep sack with a side zip, but it had a button over the top, it caused frustration, but never escape ('Dreampod')

Good luck!

That's great, thanks. Yep, she can wrangle her way out of the sleep sack (buttons & all). The bugger :rolleyes:

We've even taken to putting tights on her, then the vest overtop. Somehow she's gotten both off without even undoing the snaps on the vest. We're thinking she pulls it down over her shoulders/belly, then the tights are just a joke. We just have to laugh (unless, of course, it's the middle of the night & she's yelping for her blanket!)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My little girl has started doing the same! I go in to get her in the morning and shes giggling away sitting thehre in her nappy! She can get out of sleep bags too, andshe refuses to keep the cover on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Greystoner wrote: »
    deemark I am giggling still about your brother. I hope that someone took a photo!

Unfortunately not! But it's his 21st at the weekend, think my description to his friends won't require a photo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Not sure if any of you's have tried them yet but my H&M grow bag has the zip upside down. I'm not sure if this would make it any harder for them to take off but elisha has never taken her one off. They come in age 1-3 so its really long and will last ages also its only €15. Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

The Dreamgenii Twinkle Togs might be ideal for you... it's basically a sleep bag but with legs. The zipper goes from top to bottom too and there's a little velcro swatch/tab thing that closes over the zipper as an extra obstacle for those little fingers!

Advertisement