Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainwater Harvesting Cost / Satisfaction

Options
  • 07-06-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    In the process of planning a self-build and looking at the installation of a rainwater harvesting system.
    House will be a 3000 ft sq two-storey with a hip roof.
    Would be grateful if people could help me make a decision on this.
    1. Has anyone installed an RH system in a new build and are you happy with it?
    2. For those of you who have installed, can you give an idea of running costs, assuming you're pumping from underground to a header tank in the attic?
    3. For those of you who have installed, can you tell me what the size of the tank, cost involved, and size of house was?
    4. If you're very happy, can you recommend (via PM) the person who did the installation?

Thanks in advance all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FergusD

Hi Heavy,

I'll bring up my same question on rainwater harvesting again.

Are you connecting to mains water or boring a well? If the latter (as I was), I'd think again about investing in it. A well is basically RH on a big scale with maybe a required investment in a water softener....

Regards,

Fergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

FergusD wrote: »
    Hi Heavy,

I'll bring up my same question on rainwater harvesting again.

Are you connecting to mains water or boring a well? If the latter (as I was), I'd think again about investing in it. A well is basically RH on a big scale with maybe a required investment in a water softener....

Regards,

Fergus.
    Mains water. I thought I had heard that water charges would be applicable to wells also, but I appear to be mistaken - http://www.elliswelldrilling.ie/2011/05/private-wells-will-not-be-affected-by-water-charges/

Advertisement