Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF with quick time events in all new games?! E3 etc.

Options
  • 07-06-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

i was checking E3 now, like most of you, and i was surprised with the amount of that rubish in new games!!!

who said it is fun?! why, oh why?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i was checking E3 now, like most of you, and i was surprised with the amount of that rubish in new games!!!

who said it is fun?! why, oh why?!

its Suzuki falut when he was the first to put it in shemue , its like to me a cutscene so a button would flash and ya press something so you have to do something during it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,001 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You do not know the true pain of a QTE until you've played through the end of Deadly Premonition. Most of the time they're just simply annoying, but this was painful beyond belief. Physically painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

The entire game Heavy Rain was based around qte and it worked pretty well. I wouldn't knock it entirely just some implementations of it have been very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Anyone see the new need for speed, just what that game needed qte, yeah right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

On rails segments aren't much better. It seems that most big blockbuster games are being made to make exciting trailers but aren't much fun to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cots1 wrote: »
    Anyone see the new need for speed, just what that game needed qte, yeah right

that was the moment, when i just snaped: REALLY?! racing games with QTE?!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

its Suzuki falut when he was the first to put it in shemue , its like to me a cutscene so a button would flash and ya press something so you have to do something during it :pac:
    Think Older.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_movie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Typing of the Dead was essentially a twist on quick time events, and anyone says that isn't wonderful is a drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It seem to me that there was way too many games either on rails or riddled with QTEs. I found it quite disheartening really. These aren't particularly bad game mechanics and work well in certain games but when everyone is doing it, it becomes a bit repetitive and a bit of a crutch.

The Xbox360 was the big culprit for me with the Kinect. It seems as though the only way to play games with Kinect is through dancing games and on rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

its just the way things are going, developers are making games that look shiney with cool effects going on while we are "playing" the game, and qte are basically cut-scenes with button prompts so its easy to make them look good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

that was the moment, when i just snaped: REALLY?! racing games with QTE?!

track and field was essentially just that

Advertisement