Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masquerade Masks in Cork

Options
  • 07-06-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I am in dire need of a black simple masquerade mask for this Friday night and have no idea where to purchase one!

Anyone got an idea of where I might get one in Cork city??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

In the black simple masquerade mask shop.

Sure isn;t cork the real capital and are you telling me theres no black simple masquerade mask stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Predict the future.

The following is about to appear.

Closed, moved to cork city forum....

(prob by micky dolenz):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Have you tried all the sex shops?

Serious answer, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Is it to late to order on line op ?

Ghandee wrote: »
    Predict the future.

The following is about to appear.

(prob by micky dolenz):D

my money is on the DR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

Crikey, all I want to know is if anybody knows where I can get a mask... No need for the amount of smart answers!

It is too late Im afraid.. I need it by Friday. Well Thursday really!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Art and hobby shop:
    Black craft paper
    Scissors
    Glue
    Glitter and shi'.
    Elastic band.
    Job done.

Crikey, all I want to know is if anybody knows where I can get a mask... No need for the amount of smart answers!

Try shops that sell debs dresses or shop in dublin might deliver by thursday.

prinz wrote: »
    Art and hobby shop:
    Black craft paper
    Scissors
    Glue
    Glitter and shi'.
    Elastic band.
    Job done.

It's for a ball... Im looking for something a bit classier than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Ghandee wrote: »
    Predict the future.

(prob by micky dolenz)
    hondasam wrote: »
    my money is on the DR

you lost the internet. Sorry.

Moved from AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Well in Galway the €2 shop sells them, so possibly the same in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Seriously? You posted in AH ya langer... Try the Masquerade Masks Shop its on 5th and Masquerade Mask street, in the Masquerade Masks District.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It's for a ball... Im looking for something a bit classier than that!

Agreed, nothing says classy like running around two days before trying to find one.

Well obviously Ive tried getting one ... Thats the reason I came on hear to see had anyone any information for me.. not that I need to explain how hectic my life is to anyone on here... Anyway, I need to get one.. And all I want to know is if anyone knows where I can get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Joyce's on Princes street usually have a great selection.

Also would be worth trying the fancy dress places around the city. The Costume Shop have a great range of things, though I'm unsure about masquerade masks.

You really could just make it yourself though! Fairly simply too! Even if you just had a template of an eyemask cut out onto card paper, you could do something sweet with small black feathers and glue a nice bit of material around the edges where your eyes would be to make it look neat. Just check out google images. It'd be original!

g'em wrote: »
    you lost the internet. Sorry.

Moved from AH.

the dr on coffee break again.

Well obviously Ive tried getting one ... Thats the reason I came on hear to see had anyone any information for me.. not that I need to explain how hectic my life is to anyone on here... Anyway, I need to get one.. And all I want to know is if anyone knows where I can get one

glitz and bitz if there is one in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/masks/masquerade/

Great shop!! They're on North Main Street a few doors down from mmMad. Yu can ring them to ask if they have the stock you're looking for in store and they can hold it for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Option 1: Hallmark Winthrop St.

Option 2: 2 euro store top of Oliver Plkt St. (near Grand Parade)

Option 3: Costume type shop on MacCurtain St. (Near LV Bar)

Option 4: Charcoal.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

I am in dire need of a black simple masquerade mask for this Friday night and have no idea where to purchase one!

Anyone got an idea of where I might get one in Cork city??

Thanks in advance

Hallmark (Upstairs Winthrop Street) and Moonshine (on Paul Street) are usually the suggested spots for buying for the 'Freakscene Masquerade Ball' so I presume they would have a few in stock.. maybe not on display atm but leftovers from last NYE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Rude aint ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Just saw this now - how about a bit of appreciation for the people who have given you advice? Smacks of ungratefulness I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Jesus lads, I don't see rudeness. It's a text only medium, it's hard to know how someone intends a post to be. You see it as rude, I see it as someone desperate for an answer. Calling them rude isn't on either, attack the post, not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

No Dice is right,d place on Nth Main St has lots of them-different colours etc available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I know you can get pretty but basic-ish ones in the Card Shop in Mahon Point too. they have ones that you can either hold on a stick or tie around you eyes and they dont cost a fortune

Thanks so much everyone for your very helpful replies... Im bound to get what I am looking for out of all those suugestions! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

This is a rude post. That better paintdoctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You're seeing only what you want to see. I don't see rudeness there, just a little frustration.

Advertisement