Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper I

• 07-06-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at the LC forum it's as if English is the only subject being examined this week.

What are you all doing as final preparation for Paper I? I'm going to revise the factor theorem, De Moivre's theorem, the calculus proofs and perhaps practice some abstract inequalities for Q2. What's everyone else planning to study in the final run up to the exam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I've just dropped down from Higher Level so I'm expecting the OL Paper 1 to be a doddle, just need to revise arithmetic and I'm sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Looking at the LC forum it's as if English is the only subject being examined this week.

What are you all doing as final preparation for Paper I? I'm going to revise the factor theorem, De Moivre's theorem, the calculus proofs and perhaps practice some abstract inequalities for Q2. What's everyone else planning to study in the final run up to the exam?
    I think I'll do the same.

P.S. What have you been doing outside of boards.ie? You've managed over 6,500 post's in 3 years!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I think I'll do the same.

P.S. What have you been doing outside of boards.ie? You've managed over 6,500 post's in 3 years!!!! :D
    I've been on boards for a lot longer than three years. I only registered three years ago.

As for my post count... After Hours. Little else needs to be said :D

Now back to Maths...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Praying.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Ok them. As and Bs mostly. I practiced question 5 just in case some other questions As and Bs are awful. Dreading maths. Dreading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

I've been doing questions at random and doing them out completely like in the exam. I just open a random page and do the questions. I find this way good cos theres an element of the unknown there not knowing whats gonna come up in that particular question. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Digits wrote: »
    I've been doing questions at random and doing them out completely like in the exam. I just open a random page and do the questions. I find this way good cos theres an element of the unknown there not knowing whats gonna come up in that particular question. :pac:
    But when you've already done them all... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Well for me theres always something that may seem a little odd or that i need to look over, Ive all the questions to 1997 done twice over but theres still gonna be something I'm not fully sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

polka dot wrote: »

Maybe they'll give us lots of marks for trying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 arboroia

Go to this website, scroll to the bottom and there are hundreds of more questions on every section, each one with a fully done out answer :D
    http://www.mathsireland.com/indexlch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

I've got the proofs more or less down by now. I'm not doing the 4 differentiation proofs, as I generally avoid the differentiation if I can. I'm just going to spend Thursday evening and Friday morning going through the tricky stuff, like the arithmetic series with a geometric series in it, or the more complex complex numbers questions [couldn't think of a better way of saying it >.<]

I'm more concerned about Paper II - I'm usually grand on Paper I. It's always always Paper II that kills me!

Advertisement