Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet Cleaning in Cork

Options
  • 07-06-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and girls,

Can anyone recommend a professional carpet cleaning company ( *cough cheap cough* ) for me? I tried checking online but can only find a few that don't put their prices up. :( I'm doing a very late Spring clean....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

would you consider hiring a carpet shampooer for a day or 2 and DIY?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

25 euro per day to hire a carpet cleaner in B and Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

OK being really "blonde" here - but if hiring a carpet cleaner - (having never done such a thing) do you use a dry carpet shampoo - or will carpet be damp in which case how long does it take to dry. (I know I sound really thick with this query but I replaced all my carpets last summer and had extra rooms carpeted - so want to keep it all bright and spruced up). So I too would appreciate a bit of advice.

Also, going back to original query from poster - does anyone know of a good "cheap" company to do this.

Thank you also! J:D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Raggaroo

I would recommend www.ecocristal.com (Cork based company) for all types of cleaning, I have found their services to be fantastic and prices are reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Thanks for the replies. I ahve DIY-ed as best I can but my carpet is cream and there are a few stains from really stupid things like coffee and hair dye (face palm I know) and blood (one of our dogs used to have very bad fits). I got rid of it as best I could but I'm afraid to use anything too heavy duty in case I destroy the carpet.

Both rooms are also quite large so I want to make sure it's even and isn't just super clean in certain areas. They need a full freshen anyway.

If I hired a carpet cleaner would there be any way I could end up destroying the carpets? That's probably a really stupid question but I really have no idea.. The most I have done is use a carpet shampoo and stain remover with a cloth..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

^^^
    also looking for the same information! i have used the vanish foam and the stuff you mix in water both of them did nothing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hey no dice sounds like we're in the same situ re. cream carpets - I think every piece of dust shows on it - and I've been using Vanish for years - but getting sick of scrubbing especially as stains just didn't "vanish". Will check out link to cleaning company. J

Sweet, do let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

dave1982 wrote: »
    25 euro per day to hire a carpet cleaner in B and Q.

I got one of them last year and thought it was great. Was amazed at the difference afterwards & it was easy enough to use. Carpet was a little damp for a short while but I don't remember it being much of a problem.

Raggaroo wrote: »
    I would recommend www.ecocristal.com (Cork based company) for all types of cleaning, I have found their services to be fantastic and prices are reasonable.

I just checked the link and the prices aren't up. Can you let me know how much is reasonable? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

NoDice wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls,

Can anyone recommend a professional carpet cleaning company ( *cough cheap cough* ) for me? I tried checking online but can only find a few that don't put their prices up. :( I'm doing a very late Spring clean....

I have an excellent guy for you, he is self employed, does all the work himself. My wifes hoover is out about 3 times a day, she is a fuss pot regarding her carpets. But this guy is up to her standard.
    His name is Denis Mc Donald, as far as I know he is down the Castlemartyr direction but does cover all areas.

Hey Kub, cheers. Can you pm me the details and I'll gladly give him a buzz?

NoDice wrote: »
    Hey Kub, cheers. Can you pm me the details and I'll gladly give him a buzz?

Hi Dice, His name again is Denis Mc Donald his number is 086 2748792. As I mentioned a very honest trust worthy guy.

Judes wrote: »
    Hey no dice sounds like we're in the same situ re. cream carpets - I think every piece of dust shows on it - and I've been using Vanish for years - but getting sick of scrubbing especially as stains just didn't "vanish". Will check out link to cleaning company. J

Hi Judes, hope you did not stay long after us on Friday night ;);). Please see my response above re the carpet cleaner guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 frogprince

Is there a place where I can bring-in a rolled-up rug, get it cleaned and take it back home? (Cork only please)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Speaking of carpets...

Anyone recommend a carpet fitter (western suburbs) for a foxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gradz

My wife uses all brite carpet cleaning. She is nuts about eco friendly stuff and that fellow uses steam cleaning to clean our carpet and upholstery

My wife uses all brite carpet cleaning in cork. She is nuts about eco friendly stuff. He uses steam cleaning when he cleans our upholstery and carpets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah just emailed all brite seems like a very good service but didn't realise twud be in the 100's for the cleaning..

my wife said all brite was only fifty euro for our hall stairs and landing and he also deodorized the carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

gradz wrote: »
    my wife said all brite was only fifty euro for our hall stairs and landing and he also deodorized the carpet.

Do you work for them? Three posts, all about them.

MMm me thinks perhaps your wife might be telling you white lies which is fine in this case as she is getting a clean carpet win win. I just sent a general enquiry saying how much for two small two seater couches, and again three rooms all small and a stairs and was told €225. I dunno is that expensive for it or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AnneCuthbert

Hi.

Rang few companies, but the cheapest quote we got was from CHOC Services (I think its www.chocservices.ie, and they did fantastic job I have to say.

mm the link doesn't seem to be working. Can you say how much around they charged. still looking to get the couches cleaned properly as one stinks and id say twud be safer to get someone in at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AnneCuthbert

Hi Milly33, not sure why isn't it working, www.chocservices.ie
    I didn't wash the couches so not sure how much they would charge for that, but I have paid only 95 euro for 3 bedrooms, stairs. Thought it was very cheap.
    Maybe email them and ask!?

Anne

• Registered Users Posts: 8 evelynireland

Hi ya
    Have used them as well before -CHOC Services not sure how much it was tho as i took it as a bundle with window cleaning they had some special offer that month for the windows+carpets but did a great job

Advertisement