Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo E3 Video's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I can't stop watching the Halo 4 trailer! I've been watching all day yesterday and today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'm SO EXCITED about this! I saw this earlier today but had no sound. Didn't realise it's the start of a new trilogy until now!! DELIGHTED!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What's the backstory to halo 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

What's the backstory to halo 4?
    :DHalo 3!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Nobody knows for definite, but i'd say that this is hundreds of years after halo 3. Based on the amount of frost on the cryo tube. (Or it could be on a few days, who knows) Master chief is floating in space, on the frigate forward unto dawn. They stumble upon a planet/ structure/ shield world? It could be a forerunner planet, it could be a forerunner spaceship( they have been know to be huge), or it could be the same shield world as is outlined in the ghosts of onyx book, where the certain people hide (i won't say dues to spoilers).

I'd say that the ship is being pulled towards the opening on that structure, I'm not sure why Chief's ship is exploding though. Possibly, the forerunners could think of it as an attack by humans (possible since the new forerunner books). Or, the ship is just exploding from the splitting in half by the ark's portal in halo 3 (that would mean that he's only been in cryo for days. Or, the ship ran across a mine field, and if you notice, the explosions stop as soon as master chief shows himself outside the ship the explosions stop.

Or all of my theories could be wrong and master chief and cortana are visiting long lost relatives. Or chief and cortana went back in time to when the forerunners ruled and even greater area.

I'd recommend reading all the halo books, and that should give you some idea where the story is heading. I'd recommend reading the new forerunner trilogy of books. They could have a huge part in the game, just like the original 3 books did.

Those are just some of my guesses as to where the halo story is going. I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement