Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jam Strawberries

Options
  • 07-06-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there's somewhere in Kildare/West Dublin to get jam strawberries, i.e. the one's that aren't pretty enough to be sold in shops. Just can't justify paying ridiculous shop prices when they're only going to get all mushed up anyway so was hoping somewhere would be selling them a bit cheaper.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

There used to be a fruit farm in Lucan, just over the bridge and very nearby Fort Lucan, where you could pick your own fruit, haven't been there since I was a kid so I really don't know if its still around. Other than that, Lamberts in Rathfarnham is the only other far in Dublin that I would know of. Your straight into strawberry season though, and I've passed the roadside stalls selling 2 punnets for €5, which is far better value than you would get in any shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭johnnycee66

Check out the guys who sell by the roadside. I asked one last year, and he arranged to have a couple of kilos of jam strawberries for me a few days later.

Advertisement