Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on extra income and agency work

Options
  • 07-06-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My girlfriend is looking for some advice, shes not on Boards.ie and asked me to stick up a thread. So first the story...

She is an in-house child minder, looking after a 3 year old and 18 month old. But her employer is pregnant and will be taking maternity leave in October. Therefor leaving her out of work for the period of the leave, which will be roughly 6 months maybe more... The people she works for seem to be very fair and decent, and both my GF and the employers want her to resume working when the maternity leave is finished.

My GF is also at the minute doing a FAS ECDL course. She has a lot of child minding experience, and is a qualified Special needs assisstant. Shes got a full clean driving licence too.

So she is now thinking about getting some agency work for the time she will be out of work. Possibly in the Admin area, but would consider other areas too. Can any one make any suggestions on a route to take, or any one she could contact?

Also she is looking for some extra income work starting immediatly, that could be carried out in spare time. One of those posting envelopes type jobbies as long as its legitamate?

Thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

SligoBob wrote: »
    My GF is also at the minute doing a FAS ECDL course. She has a lot of child minding experience, and is a qualified Special needs assisstant. Shes got a full clean driving licence too.

So she is now thinking about getting some agency work for the time she will be out of work. Possibly in the Admin area, but would consider other areas too. Can any one make any suggestions on a route to take, or any one she could contact?

Does she have any admin experience? If not, then she should stick to the areas she does have relevant experience in, she's not going to be able to complete with unemployed people with experience. Contact a nanny agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SligoBob

She worked in a call centre in Sydney for almost a year. She would have considerably more experience in child care, but would like to get some more experience in a working office enviroment. She is very competent in using a computer and microsoft office, doing the ECDL is more of a formality to have the fetac qualification.

Advertisement