Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walkers in Mayo/Coillte forest users

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

I bring my young children walking with me in Belleek and always have to bring a stick with me for fear of a dog having a go at them. Whenever I see an unleashed dog I treat it as a potential threat. There is always the risk that one will leave my children permanently scarred both physically and emotionally. Dogs on leashes mean I can enjoy the park without fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 annandpeter

There are few satisfactory places where you can let a dog off lead. perhaps it would be a good idea to have 'dog parks' (at least) as they do in America - also dog beaches (an area maybe). Sometimes it is more difficult to be a dog owner in the country than in a town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

There is a dog park in Marley Park, although judging by the thread on it it could do with more wardens patrolling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 annandpeter

Used to live near there but unaware there was a dog 'area'. Trouble is - whatever 'positive' scheme is put in place there is always someone to spoil it for everyone.

Advertisement