Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pens

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Guilty :o

Well the eraser thread wasn't me, as I hate writing in pencil - they're hard to see I imagine the examiner would get a headache trying to correct words written in pencil (except for drawings and graphs, they're fine to do in pencil obviously).
    Don't think it got a thread of its own, but I definitely remember the argument ... some erasers apparently are more inclined to leave a residue than others, therefore more difficult to write over.

Then of course some smartass asked whether a thread about the best rubbers to use shouldn't be in C&H.

Actually, that was probably me ... >_>

And then ofc it got into tippex, and the excrement hit the revolving object!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

polka dot wrote: »
    I have completely forgotten to buy pens. I have one red, one blue, one pencil, 7 highlighters.

I am doomed to write in green highlighter.

Since I made this post, this thread worried me so much that I ran down to the shop and bought 2 packets of pens. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The LC does strange things to you. I had a dream there last week that I was walking into French but I didn't know anything.

it certainly does, it's 20 years since my LC and i still have dreams/nightmares about it :D

good idea is to check your calculator has fresh batteries as mine crapped out on me during a college maths exam and luckily some other paranoid student was able to lend me one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Skerries wrote: »
    good idea is to check your calculator has fresh batteries as mine crapped out on me during a college maths exam and luckily some other paranoid student was able to lend me one :p

I'm bringing two... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

im bringing all my top favs . 3 red biros. i'll be switching my way around. no black cause im going all blue. im thinking 7 different types of biro from fine tiped needle to ordinary ball. i will use every single pen before the exam is over cause i know my first pen will run outta ink for a half hour. then the second will become too inky . i'll go back to the first then it will have a hissy fit so i will use my ink pen which will drive me crazy. i should have just bought new pens. might go into town after the exam and buy the best expensive pen going in the shop .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

What's the ideal pencilcase we're going to need for this mission ???
    Any rules about being see through to spot cheating ?
    Im thinking something slick & aerodynamic so I don't spend too much fondling the zips for the course of the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I think some of you are making this out to be something bigger than it is...it's the Leaving Cert, not the apocalypse :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

And then ofc it got into tippex, and the excrement hit the revolving object!!

Oh I think I started that! And as for denying the eraser bit above, on second thought....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I think some of you are making this out to be something bigger than it is...it's the Leaving Cert, not the apocalypse :P

There would be no need for pens in an apocalypse though..! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

1 trusted pen (From the University of my choice, to bring me luck :p )
    Around 15 spare BIC biros....
    Obviously they're all blue. I can't stand writing in black pen.
    Pink Highlighter
    Blue Highlighter

As well as that, a few pencils, rubbers, rulers etc. Also a geometry set and 2 calculators.

QUESTION: I haven't been able to find out what the story is on pencil cases - are they allowed, or do I have to look like a nutcase and carry my piles of stationery loosely into the exam?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh I think I started that! And as for denying the eraser bit above, on second thought....

See, I knew you would have your hand in it!

At one stage last year when I was feeling mischievous I was verrrrrrrr' tempted to ban you for shilling for Easons! :p

And every regular poster in your year would have gotten the joke too!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Violafy wrote: »
    1 trusted pen (From the University of my choice, to bring me luck :p
    As well as that, a few pencils, rubbers, rulers etc. Also a geometry set and 2 calculators.

i presum thats for the week. otherwise your going adding letters. why not just bring the basics of each exam. save you lugging your small office with you

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

good idea is to check your calculator has fresh batteries as mine crapped out on me during a college maths exam and luckily some other paranoid student was able to lend me one :p[/QUOTE]

Im bringing 3 because im really paranoid i wont get my A1. Better safe than sorry! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

On the topic of pencils :D,do you think I should use one for my French exam or even for just the tape as I tend to rub answers out?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

quill.jpg

Also, word on the street is black pen is better than blue pen, as it holds your attention more and isn't as frustrating on the eyes of the examiner, hence why books are printed in black as opposed to blue..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have a set of papermate pens their actually really comfortable to use and my writing would look best in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

marko93 wrote: »
    What's the mileage on one of them bad boys?

Intense use - 2-3 weeks. I think so anyway, I'm not entirely sure. I go through them quite quickly, even though I use a separate, less inky pen for maths.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

See, I knew you would have your hand in it!

At one stage last year when I was feeling mischievous I was verrrrrrrr' tempted to ban you for shilling for Easons! :p

And every regular poster in your year would have gotten the joke too!! :D

Haha the shame! I am not the only stationery obsessed person - I'm just asking the questions everybody else is afraid to :p
    NotExactly wrote: »
    On the topic of pencils :D,do you think I should use one for my French exam or even for just the tape as I tend to rub answers out?
    Yes definitely for tapework use pencil I think, you need to be able to write quickly and using pencil helps in case you want to correct spelling or something between the gaps in the exam. Like for example, if you hear the answer but it's in French and you're not positive about the English, you can write the French and if you think of the English then rub it out and replace it! But for the rest of the exam, pen is the way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

I have a set of papermate pens their actually really comfortable to use and my writing would look best in this.

Bought a ten pack of them today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

What about the like cool coloured bic pen. With the blue, green, pink and purple. I have one of them for headings and stuff. Do you think that's ok?

• Advertisement

What about the like cool coloured bic pen. With the blue, green, pink and purple. I have one of them for headings and stuff. Do you think that's ok?

Oh I have one of them..! Just for the craic! Might use it in Applied Maths and Physics for my diagrams.. And in business if a break even is up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Panic averted. My ink pen didn't go through the page in such volume as it would a normal A4. However i did only write on the right hand pages just to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

pen went near the end.

lucky i had backups (obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Have my good aul bic 4 colour...best pen ever...got it blessed by the priest n all haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Staedtler for me, with grips to save me from the dents in my fingers :( :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Staedtler for me, with grips to save me from the dents in my fingers :( :P

god i hate those finger dents

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Anyone else got an oversupply of pens now that the LC is over?. . .I now possess enough ink to rewrite every word in the local public library, and enough left over to review all of them to boot. . .

Anyone else got an oversupply of pens now that the LC is over?. . .I now possess enough ink to rewrite every word in the local public library, and enough left over to review all of them to boot. . .

Yes....! I bought about 40 pens (I have an obsession..! :L )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Columbia wrote: »
    I corrected a paper written in gold once!

I have to ask, did it affect the final grade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Try correcting a paper "written" in Tippex.

Advertisement