Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warplanes announced

Options
  • 07-06-2011 4:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/general_news/wargamingnet_conquers_sky

Similar to World of Tanks, it'll use the same free to play model, and the same time frame of 1930's till the 1950's. Not much other info available currently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Was just about to post this!

Hopefully they'll have no disappearing shadows, weird penetration issues etc.

I want a P-41D Mustang. I also want a Super Sabre.

Will there be bombers I wonder? Ground targets? etc Hmm.

30's to 50's mean no WW1 era bi-planes etc which is a pity. they would have been the WoWP equivalent of the LOLtraktor.

There will be too many Spitfires, BF109's and Zero's.

They should make the games interact.

World of Tanks and Planes.

Oh yeah.... Strafing those damn IS-7's in my tankbusting P-47 Thunderbolt would be a joy to behold :D:D

Ah yeah but they more contemporary models like the Swordfish and usually relegated to anti submarine warfare and coastal defence.

Im talkin about proper bi planes with pilot aimed machine guns strapped to the front of the cockpit and chucking bombs out by hand etc!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm beginning to doubt how this could work. Wouldn't most maps just be empty cubes where both sides just tear head long at each other? What's to stop idiots just ramming other planes, friendly and enemy alike?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    I'm beginning to doubt how this could work. Wouldn't most maps just be empty cubes where both sides just tear head long at each other? What's to stop idiots just ramming other planes, friendly and enemy alike?
    Russian style :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

• Advertisement

Karma wrote: »

My message successfully sended.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Sorry, I'm going to stick with the tanks.

I can't wait to see the OP Russian I-16 fly circles around the nerfed FW-190s...

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I had hopes of hopping into a hawker hurricane and blasting everything with 20mm cannons but I'm disappointed now - It was an april fools joke

Link http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/04/world-of-planes-a-massively-multiplayer-wwii-flight-sim/

Update: Well, now we’re a bit embarrassed. It seems that our April Fool’s Day filter still needs a few improvements: Gaijin recently revealed that this game announcement was meant as a joke. That doesn’t stop us from hoping that somebody somewhere is actually developing a massive flight sim game, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ahhh I didnt read the first link.

Maybe it wasnt a joke afterall

landyman wrote: »
    Ahhh I didnt read the first link.

Maybe it wasnt a joke afterall

Considering they officially announced it today... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

not for me, ill stick to tanking it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Ah yeah but they more contemporary models like the Swordfish and usually relegated to anti submarine warfare and coastal defence.

Im talkin about proper bi planes with pilot aimed machine guns strapped to the front of the cockpit and chucking bombs out by hand etc!!

back then, if you used more than 6 bullets to kill the other pilot, you were not that good...
    ;)

Advertisement