Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pattaya, Thailand

• 07-06-2011 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

Going to Thailand for 2 weeks in July.
    Never been so looking for some good things to do(no I dont like ladyboyz)
    Interested to hear of good places to stay, nightlife, places to see etc.

Thinking of travelling down south for a full moon party but not sure if we will make it that far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Do not go to Pattaya, its awful unless you like hookers. Hookers every night that is ;-)

Sleezy middle aged men everywhere really really not nice, Im a 36 year old bloke btw ;-)

Samui and the surrounding islands are way nicer.

Bangkok Air.com for flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I travel to Pattaya every year,and im 30,not a middle aged sleazy man.Granted a lot of men do go there its unfair to paint us all with the same brush.

OP how old are you?,how many are going?,give a bit more detail and ill give you as much info as i can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I travel to Pattaya every year,and im 30,not a middle aged sleazy man.Granted a lot of men do go there its unfair to paint us all with the same brush.

OP how old are you?,how many are going?,give a bit more detail and ill give you as much info as i can.

Hey Chris,

Im 25 and theres 6 of us going. Mainly looking just to have a good time, will probably end up doing plenty of clubbing/drinking.

Any recommendations of clubs, pubs and hotels would be welcome and any places outside of Pattaya which are worth visiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Stay in Bangkok, for a few days at least, its a truly great city, totally off the wall, pattaya is just loads of gogo bars.

Its only about €50 in a taxi and 90mins between the two. Bus is something stupid like €2 but is hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

just to let u know the rainy season is in july.

• Advertisement

dabestman1 wrote: »
    just to let u know the rainy season is in july.

Hot Rain, now thats one thing im looking forward to :cool:

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Hey Chris,

Im 25 and theres 6 of us going. Mainly looking just to have a good time, will probably end up doing plenty of clubbing/drinking.

Any recommendations of clubs, pubs and hotels would be welcome and any places outside of Pattaya which are worth visiting.

Yeah as cgarrad says stay a few days in Bangkok,Pattaya is only 90 minutes or so from there.

There is plenty of clubs,and not just go go's,a lot of top name DJ's are starting to play these days,there is so many hotels to choose from have a search for "Pattaya addicts" on google,you will find all the info you need there.

cheers lads,

Ya will most likely be staying a night or two in Bangkok. We probably wait until we get to thailand before booking any accomodation because its so cheap and we can get a proper look at the place before committing.

This place is a bit of a dump but a crazy dump, absolutely nuts, fantastic party town. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I'd recommend staying in Bangkok for a bit longer. If you must go to Pattaya, then instead of staying there, you can get a ferry to Ko Samet (Koh Samed). A much quieter resort island, very pleasant relaxation with lower key partying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lizardhunt

Take plenty of jonnies and wear a butt lock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Some very good golf courses near Pattaya... a welcome distraction from all the other stuff. It is a bit of a sleazy dump, but worth visiting once. Just watch out ;)

This place is a bit of a dump but a crazy dump, absolutely nuts, fantastic party town. :cool:

So you liked it then? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The best meal I had in Thailand was in Pattya, can't remember the name of the place though.

If you look beyond the girly bars and ladyboy shows there are some really nice bars and restaurants there.

We also found the markets easier to negotiate with than the Bangkok ones as well.

So you liked it then? ;)

Yeah I must say i really enjoyed the place and was quite sad having to leave.
    Treated like royalty from the time we arrived, locals are extremely friendly and welcoming.
    We did loads of different touristy things and also sampled Walking Street which I can only describe as "an experience".
    I would recommend to anyone to walk down Walking Street at least once.

It is still a third world country though and some things you will see are just wrong. I wouldnt say theres much work for health and safety officers....

All in all a good holiday and would consider returning there especially during the peak season :)

Yeah I must say i really enjoyed the place and was quite sad having to leave.
    Treated like royalty from the time we arrived, locals are extremely friendly and welcoming.
    We did loads of different touristy things and also sampled Walking Street which I can only describe as "an experience".
    I would recommend to anyone to walk down Walking Street at least once.

It is still a third world country though and some things you will see are just wrong. I wouldnt say theres much work for health and safety officers....

All in all a good holiday and would consider returning there especially during the peak season :)

Yeah its an eye opener,im glad you enjoyed it and you went with an open mind :),ill be back there in two weeks myself :D

Yeah its an eye opener,im glad you enjoyed it and you went with an open mind :),ill be back there in two weeks myself :D

Not fare :mad:

Say hi to everyone in Alcatraz for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭Worztron

Yeah I must say i really enjoyed the place and was quite sad having to leave...

Did you take meds before you arrived in Thailand? Anti malaria and the like?

Or are those unnecessary?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    Yeah I must say i really enjoyed the place and was quite sad having to leave...

Did you take meds before you arrived in Thailand? Anti malaria and the like?

Or are those unnecessary?

Thanks.
    They are not necessary unless you are travelling into the country side.
    Might be wise to consult your doctor before going.
    If you are in doubt it would be no harm to get the main shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭Worztron

They are not necessary unless you are travelling into the country side.
    Might be wise to consult your doctor before going.
    If you are in doubt it would be no harm to get the main shots.

Thank you Patsy fyre.

What are the main shots for?

BTW, I may goto Thailand sometime next year (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr) - my passport is out in Jan-2013 -- is that okay?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Hepatitis and rabies mainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Worztron wrote: »
    Thank you Patsy fyre.

What are the main shots for?

BTW, I may goto Thailand sometime next year (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr) - my passport is out in Jan-2013 -- is that okay?

April has the Thai new year !

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Hi guys,

Are there any Irish bars there to watch the 6 nations rugby?

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Hi guys,

Are there any Irish bars there to watch the 6 nations rugby?

Cheers!

plenty of irish bars in pattaya and all will be showing the 6 nations

Try here

http://jamesons-pattaya.com/

http://www.theirishmanbar.com/

http://www.shenanigansthailand.com/

Shenanigans is a nice pub, but they could not put on the gaa for us when we were there.
    All the games in the six nations are live so all the sports bars will be showing them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Cheers lads thanks a lot.

Advertisement