Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Trip 2011!!

Options
  • 07-06-2011 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi!

Looking for some advice re interrailling this summer. Myself and my friend are taking the route:-

Paris to Venice to Prague to Amsterdam

We're doing this trip in 11 days! So we're doing 2 days, 3 days, 2 days, 3 days. We plan to overnight by train to each country. Recommendations welcome on the best way to do this i.e. get our 5 day travel within 10 days pass here at home and do it that way or book some alternative way?? Clearly we'll be needing sleepers.

Hostelworld.com seems to be quite helpful in terms of accom but again, if you've been somewhere you can recommend that'd be great! (Oh and the cheaper the better!)

Flights are booked and paid for so it's all the inbetween parts we need help with! First time interrailers too so really all and any help would be great!

Thanks lovely peeps! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Close, but no cigar!

Moved to Indy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Wow. That's gonna be difficult - it's a lot of travel, each of those journeys is longer than an overnighter.

You can do:

Paris - Nice and then fly Nice - Venice (flyBaboo do cheap flights), or Paris - Milan - Venice (but I believe that is day trains only)

For Venice to Prague, there's a night train Vencie - Vienna, and then Vienna - Prague is a high-speed train.

Prague - Amsterdam, no clue, probably via Koln though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

But yeah, best advice I can give you would be skip Venice, it's a long way from everything and on the wrong side of the alps. No point in spending your whole holiday in a train!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 B.Bop!

@ Civilian Target, thanks for that! We may need to rethink the route we're taking so. What I am sure of is we arrive in Paris and 10 days later we need to be in Amsterdam! :confused: So the easiest, most enjoyable and cost efficient way of doing that is probably the best! Like you said, no point spending the best part of our holiday on a train.

• Advertisement
Advertisement