Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website updated

Options
  • 07-06-2011 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else noticed the shiny new updated website UL now has?

Far more easier to us and quite pleasant to look at compared to the old one which reminded me of the mainbuilding :L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Nah, have to say I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

mud wrote: »
    Nah, have to say I don't like it.

Really?I know it isnt as direct as the old one but its far easier to look at and if you were a first time user I'd imagine it to be easier to use as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Ha,

If you go to the Staf and Students section, the picture for University staff, the girl sitting in front of 4 monitors with a guy pointing, you can clearly see that one of the screens has facebook on it... Oh the irony

On another note, I think the website is great, I always hated the old one, thought it was like something an amateur threw together as a nixer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

dont think this is facebook
    box_staff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

nope..not doing it for me...old one far easier to use and more functional..this looks alot better but not as easy to navigate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear God, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

What a waste of money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

The reason they changed it is so that that appeals more to students coming in. If you look at the well known universities like Warwick, LSE etc. their websites are very similar to this lay-out.

It is a lot more appealing on the eye and to anyone checking out UL it comes across as a good first impression. It was definitely needed and I think it is money well spent for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

As a prospective student I can indeed say it is more visually appealing than the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Just on it there and it's a damn sight better looking than the previous effort. About time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looks more appealing but I don't know where to look for stuff. Results for example...

🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement