Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I allowed bring food into the Leaving Cert?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I'd go with some Diet Coke and some Mentos. Y'know, just to eliminate the possibility of disrupting others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

a lot of people are saying water and mints or sweets etc but if you feel dizzy or have a rumbly tum sudden hunger alert you should have something with nutrience in it, even if its a bit naughty its not just pure sugar, even if its a dairy milk thats better, a few fig rolls better.. would say banana but what do you do with the peel :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I think I used Riesen when I did the LC - they can last a while so you don't have t be rooting around every few seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

the examiner i have is really strict not even allowed gum
    and were not allowed keep the bottle of water on the table it has to be on the floor so i think they have copped on to that aswell:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Sparkie93 wrote: »
    and were not allowed keep the bottle of water on the table it has to be on the floor so i think they have copped on to that aswell:rolleyes:
    I expected our examiner to be the same, but loads of lads kept their water on their tables, and we could keep our pencil cases too!

Also, I was flicking back and forth during my essay because my plan was two pages back. And I was holding two pages up so I could see the plan and the page I was writing on at the same time. The lad to my right was staring at what I had written and the examiner was staring at him. Doing nothing! I thought it was a bit funny :p
    But I know not to hold the pages like that anymore. My ideas are mine :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 NMLB

Im thinking of bringing a mini mars bar with the wrapper off and jellys in a tub do you think that would be allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PattonJ

Always handy if you do a language (Japanese for me) to bring in food from a continental shop and write everything that it says on the packet. I'll have my japanese bottle of water, coke and anything else i can sniff out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Oh, Jimbo :L Boards is far too small :P

I'm bringing in some jellies in a tub, I think. And some kx. TESCO VALUE!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭conorhickey

Ok I have a 1lt bottle of volvic water(€1 in spar), maybe an energy drink(which one?), mints(was thinking mentos?) and chocolate(don't have a clue what kind of chocolate?)

Suggestions people?

If your going with mentos then u have to have diet coke. imagine that going off in the middle of an exam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Boards is shockingly small. :P

I doubt I'll bother with anything...maybe some water, if only I had the bottle of water I bought when I was in Paris :D

I might bring some squares of chocolate but idk, will I have time to stop and eat is what I'm wondering ahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

PattonJ wrote: »
    Always handy if you do a language (Japanese for me) to bring in food from a continental shop and write everything that it says on the packet. I'll have my japanese bottle of water, coke and anything else i can sniff out.

Jimbo, fancy seein' you here.. good luck tomorrow although I'll see you in the exam hall :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

Sure start the day with a bowl of porridge and ya shouldn't get hungry for a good while. I'll bring in a cereal bar, water and chewingum however!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i'm bringing in an apple, a crunchie bar and a bag of crisps, i don't want to distract people with the sound of my tummy grumbling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Wonder if Volvic flavoured water is any good in these exams? I wouldn't bring in anything like chewing gum - it's hard for me to concentrate with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Apple, Moro Bar and a 1 ltr bottle of good old Lidl Water for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

imelle wrote: »
    i'm bringing in an apple, a crunchie bar and a bag of crisps, i don't want to distract people with the sound of my tummy grumbling :)

They are 3 of the loudest foods you can get :P

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

They are 3 of the loudest foods you can get :P

i know :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Go.... I dare ya :p

doritos-chilli-heatwave-flavour-tortilla.jpg

God today was bloody torture watching 5th years coming in and handing the examiner tea and biscuits right in front of us! Just for sitting there?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I think I'll bring in food just for the other people. So many rumblers. -.-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

My stomach rumbled really loudly in English today and the other kids laughed at me :(

leaveiton wrote: »
    My stomach rumbled really loudly in English today and the other kids laughed at me :(

Today roughly 30mins after English started someone farted really loudly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

A naggin is coming in with me tomorrow.

I'll need to drown my sorrows.

Advertisement