Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re moderator posting in Gigs and Events (Forbidden Fruit thread)

Options
  • 07-06-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

I refer you to post 196 of this thread in Gigs and Events (Forbidden Fruit thread)

I am quite amazed a Boards Moderator can get away with such provocative (which is the least I'd describe it!) posting.

I reported the post but have not received any reply/message in relation to it? I also notice the other poster has been looking for an explanation by setting up various threads which have been shut down. I assume this is because of the language he has used and not because he posted in Dispute Resolution but I'm not sure?

I received an infraction for backseat modding for suggesting that Lordgoats post was actually more abusive than the post he suggested was abusive. (I guess that's fair enough technically). But I believe this to be obvious to anyone who reads the posts in question.

How do we find out Boards' position on this? Are we notified as to the progress of our reports/complaints?

Can Boards honestly stand over this behaviour from its moderators? I would suggest it brings the forum in to disrepute. This is far from the first time I've seen this type of thing from same moderator. Moderators should be above it. I'm not trying to cause trouble. As an avid user of the forums I want them to work well - I believe its in Boards best interest to prevent this kind of thing. Other moderator's defense of it doesn't help matters either.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I also notice the other poster has been looking for an explanation by setting up various threads which have been shut down. I assume this is because of the language he has used and not because he posted in Dispute Resolution but I'm not sure?

I would have though it was fairly obvious, but since I'm the one who closed them, I'll explain why. Polygon_window first posted in the wrong forum, that being DRP. His second post was in the more appropriate Helpdesk, but it was still just a copy and paste of the first one. He didn't raise any points, and by his own admittance he just ranted and threw some personal abuse in as a closer. His third post was just hollow threats. As an epilogue he has since been temp sitebanned for an abusive PM (not to me).

How do we find out Boards' position on this? Are we notified as to the progress of our reports/complaints?
    As a site wide rule, moderators are not required to provide feedback on reported posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

fair enough on the explanation re closed threads. and I gather from the FAQ that, as you say, moderators will rarely comment on reported posts. Maybe it's better that way.

Regarding the incident itself, as you can probably tell, my intention is to raise it and hopefully have it dealt with by Boards, within Boards. It's not like I expect anyone to come out and openly critisise their colleagues. But its important it was raised. I'd be very surprised if Boards look fondly on it and I can only hope common sense prevails.

I'm he/she is not a bad dude/dudette but that kind of stuff makes other moderators and Boards look bad and should be nipped in the bud.

Advertisement