Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Grade and repeat exams.

Options
  • 07-06-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else applied for an I Grade?

I was in hospital for one of my exams and went into the medical centre to apply for an I Grade. The Doc said it should be grand as I had the letter from the hospital etc.

Haven't heard anything yet though, thought I was supposed to get a letter or something within 7 days of the last exam?

Also, does anyone know when the repeat timetable will be put up?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

mud wrote: »
    Has anyone else applied for an I Grade?

I was in hospital for one of my exams and went into the medical centre to apply for an I Grade. The Doc said it should be grand as I had the letter from the hospital etc.

Haven't heard anything yet though, thought I was supposed to get a letter or something within 7 days of the last exam?

Also, does anyone know when the repeat timetable will be put up?

Thanks.
    Ya i'm in the same position. Had to apply for a couple of I grades and i was told all was fine with that but still haven't received any official confirmation yet so i'd say there is nothing to worry about.

Usually a letter comes in the post a day or 2 before the exam results are online if you have failed one and need to repeat so i imagine it will be the same for I grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 miqeel

Im not sure if you get a letter about your Igrades, I didnt, but I took them during winter exams so it could be different for the summer ones.

Either way when in doubt, contact SAA, Students Union or your lecturer. I grades are not problematic, and you should have no problems setting them up.

The exam timetable goes up after people registered for their repeats, usually 1-2 weeks after the results are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I applied for and received an I Grade in December. I got my letter confirming the I Grade arrived a few days before the results were available online, so possibly expect it in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Woo hoo, got me results today :)

Vay vay happy. Got the nod for the I-grade as well. Yuss!

The way the letter is worded put the heart cross me though! Got the same letter as if I had failed a module. Had to check and re-check and re-check to make sure :)

Bring on the repeats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sholvsca

Hi, I got two I grades at Christmas but I got a letter yesterday telling me I have to pay €171 per module to resit them! I thought I grades were free??? Am freaking out so would appreciate a response if anyone is online. I checked my transcript and it lists "I" next to the two modules that I missed, and I have my letter as proof also...:(

• Advertisement

sholvsca wrote: »
    Hi, I got two I grades at Christmas but I got a letter yesterday telling me I have to pay €171 per module to resit them! I thought I grades were free??? Am freaking out so would appreciate a response if anyone is online. I checked my transcript and it lists "I" next to the two modules that I missed, and I have my letter as proof also...:(

:) I got the same letter. They are some shower of tulips! They send out the same letter to everyone which is utter rubbish, surely it's not that hard to send i-grades a different letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sholvsca

I know, Mud. It's ridiculous! if they need staff to help them organise it, *hire students in the summer*!! So I'm right? There is no charge for I grades?

sholvsca wrote: »
    I know, Mud. It's ridiculous! if they need staff to help them organise it, *hire students in the summer*!! So I'm right? There is no charge for I grades?

Yep, no charge. If it would make you feel better drop them an email so you'll have it on record but really it's just a case of them being lazy-asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

If I remember correctsly Mud the repeat timetable didnt go up until the start of august! Could have even been the second week!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    If I remember correctsly Mud the repeat timetable didnt go up until the start of august! Could have even been the second week!

I really should remember myself as I had a bona-fide fail this time last year :) seem to have blocked that out though :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement