Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freestyle scoring

Options
  • 07-06-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

I am curious as to how the freestyle or rodeo's work? Is there a score per move or air time or how long you stay in the hole.

Anyone here know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

From a post on Irish Freestyle

These are the 2009 rules but it should give you a fair idea
    Hi guys,

In the run up to National Championships and Team selection there has been some uncertainty in the rules / scoring system that will be used, we are going to be using the most recent ICF Freestyle rules. As some of ye might have known the ICF Freestyle Committee have met this week to ratify the scoring system to be used at the World Championships in Thun later this year.

The rules are here and the appendix is here.

The rules are slightly different to the World Cup rules and European rules. The main differences are

Each basic move can be awarded only ONCE per run (in a given direction).

Each bonus can be awarded only ONCE for the basic move they are assigned to (in a given direction)

Bonuses Definition

Clean Bonus: Any move completed where 180 degrees of rotation—normally achieved with 1 stroke--is completed without the use of a paddle (or hand). The paddle (hand) does not touch any water throughout the clean portion of the trick.

Super Clean Bonus: Any move completed where 360 degrees of rotation— normally achieved with 2 paddle strokes—is completed without the use of a paddle (or hand). The paddle (hand) does not touch any water throughout the super clean portion of the trick.

Air Bonus: Move performed with the boat not touching the water at one time of the execution of the move.

Huge Bonus:

· Hole bonus : move performed with the boat and the paddler not

touching the water at one time of the execution of the move.

· Wave bonus : move performed with the boat not touching the

water at one time of the execution of the move and with a distance defined by the chief judge at the first briefing of the COMPETITION.

Linked Bonus: Two moves completed consecutively and in one continuous motion with no pause between the completion of the first move and the start of the second. (The move value is taken from the lowest scoring of the linked moves)

Example 1:

If you perform a left blunt, a left air blunt and a left clean blunt you will be scored

40 (for the blunt)

+ 40 (air bonus)

+ 40 (clean bonus) = 120

In the old rules each of those moves would have been scored as separate moves 40 + 80 + 100. This change is said to stop people scoring a lot of points from the same move

Now, you can get top scores (all 120 points) with one move: e.g. a left clean air blunt.

There has also been a linking bonus introduced. This bonus gives points if two moves are completed consecutively and in one continuous motion with no pause between the completion of the first move and the start of the second.

The linking bonus relates to the lowest scoring of the two moves, so if you linked a blunt to a back pan am you would score a linking bonus related to the lower scoring move (the blunt scores 40 points so the linking bonus would be 50 points). The bonus is related to the total score of the move.

So, a huge air blunt (130 points total) linked to a pistol flip (150

points) would score the higher linking bonus of 80 points, relating to the huge air blunt.

Example 2

If I do 2 clean air blunts will I score a clean air blunt AND a clean air roundhouse (and all the bonuses)?

This is not explicitly stated in the rules, but yes you will be scored for the roundhouse (and the relevant bonuses) if a blunt has already been scored.

Example 3

Will I score a clean and a super clean bonus if I do a super clean spin?

No, the bonus will relate to however many rotations you have completed clean. i.e 360 deg spin 180 deg of which is clean = clean bonus. 360 deg spin (or more) of which 360 deg is clean = super clean bonus, 720 deg spin of which 540 degs is clean = clean bonus + super clean bonus

I hope this helps people plan their rides for the selections. If you require some clarification on the above let us know and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Wishing you all the best of luck in the upcoming events.

Laters,

Adrian

ICR Rules
    Move definations

Any questions fire away.

Advertisement