Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview Query

• 07-06-2011 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I haven't been able to find it in the threads yet. Hope someone can help me with this.

When RTÉ ran their trial DAB service, our digital ready television picked up the signal with absolutely no problem for the duration of the trial. Now that the proper Saorview service has been launched, all we can get is slightly distorted audio with no picture. Is there a reason for this? And if there is, can it be rectified?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Your TV probably has an MPEG-2 tuner. Saorview has now begun broadcasting using MPEG-4 standard, meaning your TV will unfortunately receive audio but no picture.

Think it trialled initially using MPEG-2.

You'll need to pick up a Saorview set-top box and you'll receive the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

DAB is Digital Audio Broadcasting, in other words digital radio.
    DTT Digital Terrestrial Television was originally tested here using a system called MPEG2.
    SaorView, the system in use now, is the more modern MPEG4. If you have an MPEG2 TV you may hear the radio stations as they are included in SaorView but will not be able to see a picture without a set top box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Some TVs have DAB built-in, I thought I'd mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

OP mentions sound but no picture.
    Then again most radios do that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nelson50

Hi, I bought a Triax ST-HD 537 combined Freesat and Saorview box. I have a Sky HD box and plan to discontinue the subscription. The two signals from the Sky dish show as very strong and the Sky service works perfectly. But when I attach the Triax box it show "no signal" when connected to either input. When I attach it to another Freesat dish in another room, it works perfectly, even picking up the latest DVB-S2 with C4 HD. The DVB-T works perfectly in both cases.
    Thanks from Wickla.

• Advertisement
Advertisement