Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude Bouncers- Copan Rathmines

Options
  • 07-06-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Rude and intimidating bouncers refused my boyfriend entry at midnight when he came straight from work and was sober. I'd been there all night enjoying Knights of Leon. I really liked copan it was my first time there so I was disappointed my night was cut short. I went out to the door to question the bouncer on his unreasonable decision and he refused to give us a valid reason, stating " he's not getting in and I dont have to tell you why" I beg to differ, it's illegal to refuse entry without a valid reason, isn't it? I cant think of any reason why they refused him as he was well dressed, is well above age (and had ID) he is polite and inoffensive, the place was not packed as they continued to let people in as we stood there questioning him. An exclusive bar? I think not. Power mad bouncers who discriminate without reason. Surely a relatively new business should aim to retain customers not chase them away? I certainly won't step foot in a bar again where race and ethnicity is a basis for entry. Bored bouncers playing lotto with peoples night out. I understand the need for door staff to keep out trouble makers, intoxicated people, under agers and control the crowd. My boyfriend falls into none of these categories and therefore didn't deserve to be treated as if he were rubbish :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

did you complain to the manager?

http://www.copan.ie/contact/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As stated, you should complain to Copan through their proper channels. I've also removed a sentence from your post as it may cross the line into defamation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement