Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PureBasic

Options
  • 07-06-2011 8:00pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone working in PureBasic?

I normally develop on Windows, but I'm currently working on an idea that I'd like to offer on the Mac as well. And I was hoping to get some feedback on it..

Jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Never heard of that PureBasic. Is it a game your making? Ive used DarkBasic and BlitzBasic back in the old days with good sucess...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Never heard of that PureBasic. Is it a game your making? Ive used DarkBasic and BlitzBasic back in the old days with good sucess...

No I'm writing some utilities for data management. And so far it is going very well - it is very fast and the exe it produces is very fast.

jim

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

What language do you normally use on Windows? There are easier ways to go multiplatform than an entirely new language, if that's your only reason for switching.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

fasty wrote: »
    What language do you normally use on Windows? There are easier ways to go multiplatform than an entirely new language, if that's your only reason for switching.

Hi There,

I'm a 20+ years windows programmer! I started out back in 1989 coding Windows apps in C and Assembler:D In the mean time I've done just about everything - C++, Java, VB, Delphi and C# starting with the betas of version 1.0 back around 2000

The PureBasic stuff is working out just fine, another couple of days and it will be done. There are two reasons for using it, first I need to run it on the Mac as well and secondly I don't want to have any requirement for runtimes or third party libs.

Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

If it works and meets your requirements then great!

I don't have as much experience as you, but I've ported a good few C and C++ based Windows apps to OSX and written one that is cross platform from the outset so if you ever need something beyond the scope of Purebasic or want to keep legacy code, it's dead easy without the need for external libraries if you must, or statically linked libs if you can deal with that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement