Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BETA HELP

Options
  • 07-06-2011 8:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48

Hi all,
    I have applied for mature nursing this year and hopefully will get a place,my husband had been unemployed since last year and i only work 3 mornings a wk so am a dependent on his claim, husband has just got a job (thank god) and is signing off j.s.a., i hope to claim casual j.s.a. for days im not working, so im wondering will i be entitled to beta now that my husband is working?? cannot pursue course otherwise as husband pay not great and have mortgage, kids, loans ect.... any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 maidonamission

Hi Daizee,
    As a qualified adult on your husband's JSA you can count that time towards the qualifying period for BTEA (9 months or 234 days for 3rd level course) but you will have to qualify to receive JSA in your own right if he is signing off and you will have to be sure that there is little to no gap between his claim ending and yours starting as this could effect your eligibility (Social welfare are not great about joining up the dots about stuff like this in my experience).
    There is good information available on the citizen's info website plus you could call in to your local citizens info office with some of your financial details and they should be able to tell you if you will qualify for casual JSA based on you and your husband's combined income.
    If all works out for you make sure to submit a grant form also as, although you won't get a subsistence payment if you are on BTEA, this is how you get your registration charge paid. A pile of paperwork but worth it as it sounds like you would qualify.
    Hope this helps, good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Daizee

maidonamission, thanks for your advice i am going to social welfare office this morning to tell them about my husbands job (he started tuesday and cant get time off to go himself) and am hoping to make appointment to see a facilitator to discuss things and hopefully find out if im eligible. Im still only working 3 mornings a week with no more hours available but am only on my husbands claim since february as we didnt realize he could claim for me as i am working, although he would have enough days for me to get btea for 3rd level course i dont think il get it as am not on his claim long enough, thanks again

Advertisement