Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZvZ 1 base all in

• 07-06-2011 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

hey guys, had a ZvZ where he didnt expo, thought it went very well my side,

any suggestions to improve etc.

I know he didnt expo, thats why i won, but hopefully someone can suggest something to help me get out of silver faster as i keep seeing these 1 base all ins by them.
    granted i win most of them, but the odd time their lings get to me quicker and i lose out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

you can wall off your mineral line by placing a SP and RW between your Gas and your Hatch at your main. And two Evolution Chambers at your Expo. Put down a couple of spines in the at the back of your mineral line in the centre.
    The only thing is... If he is 1 basing you, time is on his side.

The quicker he techs up to Roach the more likely you are going to be crushed and I mean crushed.

I have been experimenting with 1 base Ling/BLing/Roach/Muta with what sounds like almost the same success rate as you, 80%
    And you know a lot of the GMs only play 1 base in ZvZ, except Spanishiwa. And when you go fast expo in ZvZ you want the game to drag on as much as possible. The longer the game goes on, the better your macro gets, the more the gap between you and your opponent grows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Few things:

You had loads of gas and didnt get zergling speed until 45 supply. That's one of the most important upgrages to get.

Probably should have gotten a third base up at about the 11 min mark.

When you were microing the mutas you forgot about injecting larvae, I like how you remembered to do it just before the queen died in the main :P

I would have repositioned the spine crawlers in the main and the one in mineral line of the natural to really give full cover to the ramp/natural.

Because you had the lair up and he didnt i think a few overseers spewing contaminate would have fecked him up even more. Though he did it to himself by nearly never injecting larvae!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

B0X wrote: »
    Few things:

You had loads of gas and didnt get zergling speed until 45 supply. That's one of the most important upgrages to get.

Probably should have gotten a third base up at about the 11 min mark.

When you were microing the mutas you forgot about injecting larvae, I like how you remembered to do it just before the queen died in the main :P

I would have repositioned the spine crawlers in the main and the one in mineral line of the natural to really give full cover to the ramp/natural.

Because you had the lair up and he didnt i think a few overseers spewing contaminate would have fecked him up even more. Though he did it to himself by nearly never injecting larvae!

thing with ZvZ ive seen is once the lings fail, they tend to go roach, so i go muta/ling. i really dont get speed upgrade until i get my mutas out, i know its strange.. yeah i usually do very very well with larvae inject while harassing, dont know why that slipped me there..
    and i usually do move spines to the ramp, but i felt i had this one over so didnt bother.

also, since i tend to go muta/ling vs roach/ling i tend not to spread creep either. i dont know why, i feel that since my focus is on air, i dont want their ground to be able to move so fast in my base, so i tend not to help them.

hope some of that makes sense :/

Advertisement