Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetship in Navy

• 07-06-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Well Im going for a cadetship and would like any advice from someone with experience or who knows about this.

The minimum requirements have confused me a good bit.

I may struggle to get the 3 C's in Higher but I think I can get it. But the other requirement is Honours Bachelor Degree, I have no idea what this is or where to go for it and is it on the CAO and so on and so on. Ive looked on NUI but they seem to have useless information about this.

Does anyone have a clue about this because its really starting to worry me at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

ItsChip wrote: »
    Well Im going for a cadetship and would like any advice from someone with experience or who knows about this.

The minimum requirements have confused me a good bit.

I may struggle to get the 3 C's in Higher but I think I can get it. But the other requirement is Honours Bachelor Degree, I have no idea what this is or where to go for it and is it on the CAO and so on and so on. Ive looked on NUI but they seem to have useless information about this.

Does anyone have a clue about this because its really starting to worry me at this stage.

An Honours Bachelor Degree would be a level 8 course with a minimum 2.2 GPA, around a C grade average. When you go to fill out your CAO any course from the level 8 written beside it would qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I should point out that you don't require a honours bachelor degree. That is to say that your LC should be just fine to join as often you will undertake a degree as part of your cadetship. You can apply with either your LC or a degree.
    QualificationsSchool Leavers must possess a minimum of Grade C3 in 3 Higher Level papers and Grade D3 in 3 Ordinary/Higher level papers, in a single sitting of the Leaving Certificate Examination. Graduates must possess an Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8 of the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent and have attained as a minimum Grade D3 in specific Ordinary/Higher level Leaving Certificate Examination subjects. Find out if you have the Qualifications required to apply for a Cadetship in the Naval Service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I think you should ask in this forum, as you may get some better information there.

Boards.ie Military Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

You are a bit late for this year's cadetships:) recruitment for this year started a few months ago...

Advertisement