Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D games

Options
  • 07-06-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭

So with Sony pushing 3D in their games and with Nintendo handheld 3DS, does 3D really enhance your gaming?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope. It's distracting and I'd rather the extra processing needed for 3D was used elsewhere. Already on the 3DS turning it into full 2D mode gives you antialiasing making the games look nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played Halo 2 recently in 3D, and even being anaglyph it was actually incredible. Problem on consoles though is that it requires extra grunt, meaning games look noticably inferior when running in 3D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I still think that 3D is a gimmick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

3 words no thank you:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I hope 3D kicks off, it definitely enhances the experience

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

3D gaming is a crappy money making gimmick that not only hinders how you play games, but also restricts the game itself.

Definitely does NOT improve your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Depends on the the game I'd say, havent played anything aside from the 3DS yet which is cool with the depth of field stuff but doesnt do much to the gameplay, would like to try a FPS in 3D, if they impletement the HUD and text correctly it'd be cool

Advertisement