Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Dreams

• 07-06-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

The LC does strange things to you. I had a dream there last week that I was walking into French but I didn't know anything.

Read this in another thread and it gave me the idea.
    Yesterday i dreamt i had terrible hayfever and every tissue i took out of the box was a timetable for the leaving.

Anyone else having weird dreams lately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Yeah, I always have weird dreams coming up to exams.

The other week I dreamed my English exam was in Japanese. It was terrifying and the examiner wouldn't listen to me. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

Last night i dreamed about poetry question :D
    5 poets came up, Rich and Kavanagh and Boland and 2 others that weren't on the course , but I was so disappointed that Dickinson didn't come up that I walked out of the exam :D
    Few nights ago i had dream about paper 1,there was a question in composing part "What would you put in a basket?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I dreamed that I went into English, had a blank period, then came out of the exam, not quite knowing what I had just did. I just decided I had some sort of trance and whatever I wrote was amazing. If only it were the same in real life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

I had a dream about my Irish Orals. The first questions was something like, "Hello, would you like to join the army?" (in irish of course) and I said something like "No because I am from Japan"
    I'm not really sure what that all means. If the oral examiner actually looked like the one in the dream I would have FREAKED OUT.
    Note: I'm not even from Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

I had the weirdest dream other the other night, I was in my history exam and I was doing a question on Hitler's freign policy and Hitler was the exam attendant and he kept trying to whisper stuff to mean about his policies and looking angry at wht i was writing, freaky..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

I had a dream the other night where my English paper was in Irish. :eek: I told the examiner, and they had to go to a different school to get me a spare - I just had to wait there while everyone else was writing furiously.
    A few weeks ago, I had another dream, where I was doing English Paper 2, but kept leaving the exam hall every 5 minutes to go for a walk. Then I came back in, everyone got sent home and the exam was cancelled.
    English will be the death of me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

i had a dream there at the weekend the manager where i work part time told me i had to work all day wednesday, freaky lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The dream where I got my results was the worst one I had. I walked into the office to collect my results and the principal had a confused look on her face. She handed the sheet over to me and it was blank! Everyone was cheering with their A1's and I was left with a gradeless result sheet. I just felt like dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I had a dream that I got 585 points in the leaving, and I was so happy. When I woke up I was really really really disappointed, 'cause that's not gonna actually happen:(

Fook sake!!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

a while back i had a dream i went into my oral and got an oral :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

NOOOooooo not one of these threads !
    We're all doomed to a perilous nights sleep now,the second someone says it, it sticks in you're brain until night time bit like Freddy Krugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Ya'll and yere wierd dreams bout the lc. dont worry. twill never happen. oh wait that was a dream. ha ha . but dont think i had one. maybe on on joining the common wealth and i was having a massive arguement with all my classmates . but i think the radio dont that to me. coming on a 6.45 and playing with my dreams . but i''ll probably have one tonight. although i dont know what i could worry about im not looking for anything out of this lc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    NOOOooooo not one of these threads !
    We're all doomed to a perilous nights sleep now,the second someone says it, it sticks in you're brain until night time bit like Freddy Krugger.

A sleeping pill is gonna knock me right out...no disturbing dreams for me!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Ya'll and yere wierd dreams bout the lc. dont worry. twill never happen. oh wait that was a dream. ha ha . but dont think i had one. maybe on on joining the common wealth and i was having a massive arguement with all my classmates . but i think the radio dont that to me. coming on a 6.45 and playing with my dreams . but i''ll probably have one tonight. although i dont know what i could worry about im not looking for anything out of this lc

Why? Do you not want a good course and a good job after that course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's actually very normal, it's one of the mind's ways of coping with the stress.

I'm only surprised that in 15 posts no-one has had the one when they're in the exam hall and suddenly discover they forgot to get dressed, or forgot to put on trousers, or whatever.

That one is normally very common; as is ...

... the sleep in and miss the exam / go in a day late scenario

... get to the end of the exam and glance back over the answerbook to discover that the ink is rapidly fading and blurring on the page.

_meehan_ wrote: »
    A sleeping pill is gonna knock me right out...no disturbing dreams for me!:pac:

Ha,ye I thought about that, but then, thought what if I don't wake up in time & English paper 1 is over, that's when bad dreams become reality!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

It's actually very normal, it's one of the mind's ways of coping with the stress.

I'm only surprised that in 15 posts no-one has had the one when they're in the exam hall and suddenly discover they forgot to get dressed, or forgot to put on trousers, or whatever.

... get to the end of the exam and glance back over the answerbook to discover that the ink is rapidly fading and blurring on the page.

I've never had any of those dreams. :eek: Apart from the two I already mentioned, I've also had the one where you get your exam paper and you just suddenly lose the ability to write/have a massive mental block. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I had a dream were I forgot my pencil case. It was horrible. The examiner wouldn't let me leave so I had to sit there and watch everyone else doing the exam. Woke up in a sweat!:pac:

So this is you're evil plan,intercepting our dreams by plotting idea's in our heads for a bad nights sleep.
    What's the bet tongights dream now is, go into exam late , naked & the ink start's to run off the pages.

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    So this is you're evil plan,intercepting our dreams by plotting idea's in our heads for a bad nights sleep.
    What's the bet tongights dream now is, go into exam late , naked & the ink start's to run off the pages.
    :D

Nope, just reassuring people that it's a very normal part of the process! :p

Just mutter "silly brain!", roll over and go back to sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I dreamed last night that the only short story option was, "Write about a ginger on a bus.".

In my mind, I wrote furiously.

Another one was that I got 220 points, but an A2 in maths. I only had four subjects listed on my result sheet, so I rang the SEC, who said it would be fixed next week, but it would be too late for college.

The former was my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

I had a dream where I got alopecia, from stress. Funny thing is I'm very relaxed.. Not nice seeing yourself bald though! Checked the pillow for clumps of hair when I woke up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

Anyone ever get sleep paralysis before an exam? I'd be terrified if that ever happened to me! It happened to my cousin on the morning of his irish exam 3 years ago! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

AlanBr wrote: »
    Anyone ever get sleep paralysis before an exam? I'd be terrified if that ever happened to me! It happened to my cousin on the morning of his irish exam 3 years ago! :pac:

I get that about four times a week, especially when I'm stressed so probably will, yes. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

...or forgot to put on trousers

So that's why they call you Randy Long Horn, eh?

NotExactly wrote: »
    Why? Do you not want a good course and a good job after that course?

I plan on taking the back door approch . learn on the street how to deal in life. My course is low in points and if i dont get it its not the end of the world. I have my whole life to work.

So that's why they call you Randy Long Horn, eh?
    Oh, they have much better reasons than that, Ronan!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I plan on taking the back door approch . .

I had a dream about taking the back door approach once.
    The circumstances were entirely different though... :rolleyes:

sh__93 wrote: »
    I had a dream about taking the back door approach once.
    The circumstances were entirely different though... :rolleyes:
    Did he hurt you? :cool:

• Advertisement

Im paranoid about the uniform. and all my friends seem to have gone to mars. i feel like im the only one sitting this lc. but for you guys. surprised yere still up . So is it safe to say were all F@^ked :p

Advertisement