Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims Social

• 07-06-2011 8:35pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Time to start a new thread on this, I'm intruiged on the idea of a social Sims game, whether it'll work the same way, but in cartoonish graphics or will it turn out like Farmville/Cityville?

main_welcome.png

More info found here

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The E3 reveal trailer:

Really don't know what to make of it. Terrible marketing but I guess that's what they're aiming for....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm hugely confused. Is this a Facebook game or something? I went to the webpage here and it says Sims Social is closing down. It's early and I haven't had my coffee, so excuse me if I'm missing something obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Could be a very awkward game.....Don't like the idea of playing Sims with others and the implications of such. Some people may read too much into it - friends had a fight in-game, does it mean something. And then walls full of couples with MORE status updates together, except in a shorter cycle.

Think I'll just stick with the anti-social Sims 3 myself :D

On another note, items are unlocked as more people like the page. Clever...very clever!

🤪

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So how's everyone finding it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I have been playing this for about a week now along with six other people that I know. I would feel really weird about allowing my Sim to do anthing more than just visit, watch tv or dance with anyone that I know in 'real life'. Also, there is an 'insult' button and while it really tempting to use it on a Sim controlled by one of my in-laws, I feel that the 'it's just a game' plea would not be enough to avoid bad feeling in real life.

Other than the feeling of not wanting to do anything that I wouldn't feel accountable for in real life, it is quite fun. While I don't have time to sit down and play actual computer games, I check facebook everyday and naturally spend a while in my virtual sim world without feeling guilty.

• Advertisement

I have lost my sitting room and all contents while remodelling my Sim Social house. I thought that I was putting it in storage for a few minutes, but can not find it at all. I can't afford to lose the contents - computer, sofa, bookcases, large tv, sound system, art etc etc. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Can anyone help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭angie16ab

its not in storage but if you go to rooms, and select the size of the room you had it should be in there, along with all your stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Some of ye are taking it way too serious, i've been bitch slappin and insulting people all over the shop.. mighty craic!

The only 'friends' that my sim has are people that I know in real life. Does anyone know how to get in touch with others?

Does anyone know how to progress to level 15 in cooking? I have completed the first 14 levels (accessed through the microwave) but there isn't another task to get me on to level 15. I need the next level to buy my cooker. Also, a friend of mine has a large arcade game machine - does anyone know how to buy this? I have checked all sections in the shop but cannot find it....

• Advertisement

for cooking skills you need to buy a coffee machine! and you can only get the arcade game through a task :)

thanks, got the coffee machine and now have a cooker too.

I must get out more. I spent an hour today rearranging and cleaning my sim house while my real-life dishes were still on the table!! Back to work next week so normality will reign once more...

Only copped on yesterday that you can actually move the rooms :o

its so addictive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Very buggy and bugs can get very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Clever application. Any hints or tips for the game? :)

Simply put... having more neighbours. More neighbours, more free energy. Some of the later 'quests' are annoying with almost all of them requesting action from a neighbour. At level 22 but barely play it anymore solely because of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I agree it sucks because of that. I have sent requests for the tasks but cant actually choose different friends again for the task... :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Very annoying game. Bugs are annoying. Needing to do xyz with 10 other sims is annoying, it means you're stuck on a objective if you don't have 10 friends that play. I'm not going to bombard my friends with mails about the game and I don't want EVERYONE to know I play this game. :D Energy. Grrr. I hate energy in these games, I know they've to make money and want you to buy energy and sim cash but it's really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Played this for a while on fb. Got addicted for a week or so and then got bored due to too many higher level stuff needing to be bought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Very annoying game. Bugs are annoying. Needing to do xyz with 10 other sims is annoying, it means you're stuck on a objective if you don't have 10 friends that play. I'm not going to bombard my friends with mails about the game and I don't want EVERYONE to know I play this game. :D Energy. Grrr. I hate energy in these games, I know they've to make money and want you to buy energy and sim cash but it's really annoying.

World Adventures is like this too. The Sim is STRONGLY persuaded to do the adventure rather than, well, chill out on vacation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

You can just go to the fan page and on a post you can say "add me". Plenty of people from places like India and Latin America will add you. They will help you out.

The Sims Social page even encouraged it.

Advertisement