Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Advice about Quinny. Plllleassseeee!

• 07-06-2011 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I usually browse through the pregnant forum but thought this one may be better.
    I put a deposit on a Quinny Buzz 3 without having researched anything much else to be honest and was guided by the offer and the sales assistant. Was in a panic and now I'm in a panic about putting the deposit on it as have heard bad reviews bout its weigh, akewardness and largeness!
    I wanted a buggy that was
    1) maxi cosi compatible
    2) 3 wheeler
    3) suitable for rough terrain / country living.
    4) nice/easy to push

I don't like the phil and teds and I have been told to research other types that are suitable for adding another seat on it as this is my first e.g baby jogger city select (doesnt have 3 wheels and also VERY expensive) uppababy vista (2nd seat not available in Ireland yet and doesn't look suitable for country roads)
    If I was to have another baby in 2 or less years after this one I like the out n about nipper as heard great reviews on how easy it is to push etc and would def buy it 2nd hand. Would just have to compromise on the compatability with maxi cosy. Also don't particular want to tempt fate by buying a buggy specifically for the reason that can be turned into a double and then have probs conceiving a 2nd child. (I'm funny like that)

So basically I'm looking for honest reviews from people who have the quinny and their opinions on it. I have tested putting it up and down and tried it in the boot also and fits ok (fits sitting on side with hatchback flat piece that moves removed. will fit flat but have to take wheel off).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Quinny Buzz is not suitable for country roads and potholes,that is why we did not even consider it,the Speedi is more suitable.
    I would not be so set on a 3 wheeler if I was you an all terrain 4 wheeler in my experience is a lot better and easier to manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭schnorkleborg

You should have a look at the teutonia buggies. The Teutonia Spirit is a 3 wheel and it takes the Maxi-cosi. Ideal for countryside and very strong buggies. Great suspension and you wont get punctures cos it doesnt have pumped tyres like the Quinny. The quinny is heavy compared to most buggies so definitely not recommended if you have any back problems. Its also wider than the average buggy too. Try and get opinions from different sales assistants and check out what your buggies your friends/relations have and what they think of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I used to work in a shop that sold Teutonia and Quinny and I would always recommend the Teutonia, the S3 is a great off road/country buggy and the Fun and Cosmo are good all rounders. No option for adding a seat (that I know of), but the Buggy Boards can be used from 2+ years onwards I think, if that was any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I tried the Quinny when I was pregnant and didn't like it at all. It was heavy, stiff and awkward to manouver. I Was an odd pregnant woman and I would stop people on the streets to see what they thought of their buggies. The majority of those with the Quinny buzz said they regreted their choice and didn't like the buggy so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I've a Qunniy Buzz and love it. My baby is 5.5 months old so haven't been using it too long but have no problems with it really. I don't use it on country roads though so can't comment on that.

I find it really easy to maneouvre, eg when I go for a quick shop I can easily get it around with one hand while I hold a basket in the other.

It is fairly heavy putting into the boot but I dont find that an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

We are also due our first baby in 3 weeks and carried out alot of research on which buggy to buy. We narrowed it down to the quinny 3, tuetonia, city select and bugaboo.
    The quinny we decided against because of the possibility of flat tyres. We live in a rural area and I walk alot.
    The city select we liked because of the possibility to adapt to a two seater but in the long run we felt that the seats were too small. (I'm 5ft 9 and my husband is 6ft 2, reckon we'll have long legged children or so we were told at the scans).
    We discounted the bugaboo due to price and my husband didn't like the seat in the push chair.....there's no actual support or base....just the material.
    We ordered the tuetonia S3 as it is solid,, extra leg room for toddler, good support in the seat and foam tyres so no punctures.

Having looked at all of the them the tuetonia and the quinny are heavy. The bugaboo was a bit lighter but I like the fact that the tuetonia feels solid.

Best of luck with your purchase!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

we have a quinny buzz and use it on country roads and on forest walks and its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

Everyone will have different opinions on buggies especially when our needs are different. When we went shopping for buggies I was amassed at what some assistants classed as been suitable to rural use (rough terrain) I had to keep explaining that we were taking about rough passages and wooded area's.

After mush deliberation we went with bugaboo cameleon and just love it and it's genuinely suitable for rough terrain. It extremely comfortably & sturdy and our soon is certainly very comfortable. It's a very solid all rounder. It's one of the few prams also that is regarded as safe for little one's to sleep in at night. My friend got the Quinny after been told it was suitable but she is sorry now she didn't get either the Bugaboo or the Tuetonia S3.

They are expensive and all, however if you are planning on having a second child soon I would really think about something that can be converted. We are due our second child in December and will need a double as our little one will be just 15 months then. I will be getting the Bugaboo Donkey. I will sell my bugaboo hopefully closer to the time to help offset the cost.

Would you consider looking at some second hands one's, I tried but sourced none locally. I would like to be able to examine it first. They seem to maintain a good price which to me is testimony on how good they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

*Mod Note*
    Please do not use abbreviations such as LO, DD etc, they are not allowed on this forum as some people do not understand them.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

January wrote: »
    *Mod Note*
    Please do not use abbreviations such as LO, DD etc, they are not allowed on this forum as some people do not understand them.

Thank you :)

Sorry for that :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

[code]
    Everyone will have different opinions on buggies especially when our needs are different. When we went shopping for buggies I was amassed at what some assistants classed as been suitable to rural use (rough terrain) I had to keep explaining that we were taking about rough passages and wooded area's.

After mush deliberation we went with bugaboo cameleon and just love it and it's genuinely suitable for rough terrain. It extremely comfortably & sturdy and our soon is certainly very comfortable. It's a very solid all rounder. It's one of the few prams also that is regarded as safe for little one's to sleep in at night. My friend got the Quinny after been told it was suitable but she is sorry now she didn't get either the Bugaboo or the Tuetonia S3.

They are expensive and all, however if you are planning on having a second child soon I would really think about something that can be converted. We are due our second child in December and will need a double as our little one will be just 15 months then. I will be getting the Bugaboo Donkey. I will sell my bugaboo hopefully closer to the time to help offset the cost.

Would you consider looking at some second hands one's, I tried but sourced none locally. I would like to be able to examine it first. They seem to maintain a good price which to me is testimony on how good they are.

Well after much deliberation and looking around over the weekend made a decision! The teutonia would have def won only it takes 10 weeks to order in and seeing as I'm due in 6 weeks....
    In the end went with the bugaboo cam and really happy with the choice. Love how light and neat it is!
    Delighted to hear that you found it good. Did look at the donkey too but don't really like it as a mono. My husband believes you're tempting fate planning for no.2 when no.1 isn't even here!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 naughty1205

You can get all terrain tyres for the front of the quinny buzz 3, (as it doesn't come with them) approx 50 euro. I use mine off road a lot, in parks with gravel etc and have no problems and would recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We discounted the bugaboo due to price and my husband didn't like the seat in the push chair.....there's no actual support or base....just the material.
    We ordered the tuetonia S3 as it is solid,, extra leg room for toddler, good support in the seat and foam tyres so no punctures.
    What Bugaboo ? The cameleon does have a solid base in the seat, there's a wooden insert that goes in which may not have been in the display model you looked at and the rear is supported by hard plastic supports. Plus you can get it with foam wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

It was the cameleon. We didn't think the seat was as supportive as the tuetonia but that's just our opinion. As for the tyres we were told that they were foam....it was the seat base and the size that we eventually decided against.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lulu34

i would speak to someone who has a one year old
    the quinny package is 800 euro and most people i know bought a stroller when baby was 1 as the quinny was just too heavy
    i have an out and about nipper although it does not take my maxi cosi i still love it for our country roads
    if i had my time over id buy the loola which is a stoller that takes the maxi cosi
    i borrowed a quinny for a few months and hated folding it - but its whatever your used to i personally prefer the umbrella fold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

lulu34 wrote: »
    i would speak to someone who has a one year old
    the quinny package is 800 euro and most people i know bought a stroller when baby was 1 as the quinny was just too heavy
    i have an out and about nipper although it does not take my maxi cosi i still love it for our country roads
    if i had my time over id buy the loola which is a stoller that takes the maxi cosi
    i borrowed a quinny for a few months and hated folding it - but its whatever your used to i personally prefer the umbrella fold

I had a quinny when my first daughter was about 6 months old... and got on the bus... it wasn't a low floor one so had to fold it and stow it away, it popped open in the luggage rack and do you think i could get the damn thing closed again??? Not a hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

im really suprised to read some of the feedback. i love the quinny buzz. find it so easy to use. i live in the country but spend lots of time in the city and find it suitable for both, so easy to put up and down, great wheels, baby seems comfortable etc.. anyways to be honest i mostly carry her in a sling. i guess everyones different. my brother has phil and teds and he hates it, says its too bulky and so many people love it. 2 of my friends have bugaboo and they do love it. good luck with it all:)

Advertisement