Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Shortcake?

Options
  • 07-06-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a nice (easy) recipe for strawberry shortcake am not great with pastry making. Should it be sponge like or biscuit like in texture?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Strawberry shortcake recipe I use is pretty much the same as a rich sweet scone mix and the same consistency so not really a pastry and definitely not like a biscuit. Lots of restaurants serve what they call strawberry shortcake but I would consider it strawberry shortbread as it is biscuit like.

Anyway this is my recipe from a very ancient cookery book:

8 oz self raising flour
    2 oz caster sugar
    3 oz butter
    1 egg
    milk

Make as for scones, mix flour and sugar, rub in butter, beat egg & mix with some milk, maybe half cup or so, add to dry ingredients to form soft dough. Divide between 2 greased sandwich tins, 8" or so, press out to edges, bake hot oven 10 -12 mins or so (like scone mix). When cool spread with little jam, lash on whipped cream and strawberries, add second layer and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Thanks will give it a go this weekend, how hot an oven would 200 degrees work in a fan oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

That should be fine.

Advertisement