Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra 20 mins before and after some exams???

• 07-06-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

On the "notes" section on the bottom left of the timetable it says that "the examination sessions highlighted in red include 20 mins over and above the time traditionally allocated for these subjects" are these magical 20 mins already included in the printed times or is there an extra 20 mins?? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's already included in the times.

Exams are normally 2h30 or 3h long. In certain writing heavy exams there is an extra 20 minutes added on to the standard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

I think it's to do with those particular exams having been lengthened in time from previous years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

The 20 minutes are included in the time given on the timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

ah ok :) thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 delousional

My dad is an examiner and he was saying this to me today and I was like OMG until I realised that it was accounted for in our timetable....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

How the fcúk can you get 20 minutes extra before and exam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's already included in the times.

Exams are normally 2h30 or 3h long. In certain writing heavy exams there is an extra 20 minutes added on to the standard time.
    A
    I think it's to do with those particular exams having been lengthened in time from previous years
    A
    flyaway. wrote: »
    The 20 minutes are included in the time given on the timetable.
    A

Asked and answered, tbh.

It's at the end, NotExactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement