Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Contract

Options
  • 07-06-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Lads, question on his contract !
    Am I right in saying he has 12 months remaining ?
    If so, and next summer, the FA come calling and he leaves, do we get any compensation ? I'd imagine Levy has some sort of clause in his contract where we'd be entitled to a few quid, or is it a case of his contract is up and he walks for nout ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lads, question on his contract !
    Am I right in saying he has 12 months remaining ?
    If so, and next summer, the FA come calling and he leaves, do we get any compensation ? I'd imagine Levy has some sort of clause in his contract where we'd be entitled to a few quid, or is it a case of his contract is up and he walks for nout ?
    I think he has two years left but had talks with Levy that he could go if england came in for him I imagine we will be entitled to some compensation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the FA and levy will probably come to an agreement where he leaves at end of contract and no compensation needed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    the FA and levy will probably come to an agreement where he leaves at end of contract and no compensation needed then.

I wouldn't think Levy would agree to something like this with no compo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I have a feeling that Harry fancies the idea of managing England but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to.

It's the poison chalice of football, the graveyard for once successful managers at the twilight of their careers. How many ex-england managers have gone on to success after leaving the job?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Harry fancies the idea of managing England but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to.

It's the poison chalice of football, the graveyard for once successful managers at the twilight of their careers. How many ex-england managers have gone on to success after leaving the job?

I'd say he wants the England job, as it's the highest 'honour' an english manager can have. Managing the national team, British pride, all that jazz. If he managed to do well, which is certainly no guarantee, he'd be remember for a long time as a legend.

I'd say he will leave if he's offered the roll. I'd say Levy is aware of this as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

If we assume that Harry is almost a certainty to leave next summer for the England job then it makes the coming season vital.

CL qualification would leave us in a strong position to attract a top manager and provide him with funds to add to the squad.

Failure to regain our CL place would leave us struggling to retain our best players with uncertainty over a new manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

A lot can change in 12 months, Harry may have been found guilty of tax dodging in which case the FA won't touch him.

Or scenario 2, We could have a disastrous season which sees Arry out on his todd before xmas. England won't come begging then either.

Advertisement